New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by im_mblue View Post
    Revo did come across my mind, but then im not so familiar with its diesel
    engine as i am more inclined with the diesel engine due to lower fuel cost.
    What is appealing with the 4jai of crosswind and the 4d56 of adventure is
    that there are many knowlegeable mechanic to ask around and parts are
    found easily in shops...plus phase out na rin kasi ang Revo and my worry
    would be the replacement parts later...anyway, I'll check also your suggestion
    myk...maybe the last issues of Revo would be worth looking at.
    Pero during the last few years before they phased out Revo, nagrelease pa
    ba sila ng diesel nun time na yun...diba their last unit for revo was 2004 ba?please correct me if I am wrong.
    Sir, the Revo's diesel engine is a 2.4 liter one. Don't worry, maraming spare parts ang Revo, even the ones in Banawe or Evangelista are stocked.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The counterpart of the XTi variant during the early 2000s was the XTO variant. I'd recommend the Crosswind still over the Revo due to the better engine. The Revo's is even noisier, less thrifty and like the Adventure's, it is tuned more for the highway and finds it hard to climb the inclines. It is just as durable though. Our family has one, and it has been to and from Aparri, Cagayan for quite a number of times already.

But still, even if your family is accustomed to a bumpy ride, I don't see why you shouldn't give them a more comfortable and spacious ride in the form of the Carnival. You get more power and safety equipment like ABS and airbags too. Ang kulit eh noh?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Why not consider a second hand Toyota Avanza 1.3J? Im seeing some in the classifieds being sold for as low as 400k. Yun nga lang gas siya but atleast modelo na and less headache.
    Check this link: http://www.ayosdito.ph/07+Toyota+Ava...er-1756053.htm

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    The counterpart of the XTi variant during the early 2000s was the XTO variant. I'd recommend the Crosswind still over the Revo due to the better engine. The Revo's is even noisier, less thrifty and like the Adventure's, it is tuned more for the highway and finds it hard to climb the inclines. It is just as durable though. Our family has one, and it has been to and from Aparri, Cagayan for quite a number of times already.

But still, even if your family is accustomed to a bumpy ride, I don't see why you shouldn't give them a more comfortable and spacious ride in the form of the Carnival. You get more power and safety equipment like ABS and airbags too. Ang kulit eh noh?
    hahaha... thanks for the kulit...Im starting to consider it and you slowly
    pulling me over to think about the Carnival... but why sir GTi, please convince me...since you got me thinking that GTi has had the isuzu engines on different vehicles and yet he still recommends me to the Carnival, so I was thinking that there has to be something with the carnival that impresses sir GTi... do share some points sir GTi, id be glad to hear about it... balak ko rin kasi ipambundok yung crosswind kung sakali hehehe...slight off-road lang kasi my family enjoys a lot of outdoors yung sceneries other than those found along the highways..hehehe,
    Sir GTi nagaalala lang kasi ako sa engine parts nung Carnival...definitely it
    would not be as plentiful as that of the advie and crosswind, baka kasi
    maka-tyempo ako ng lemon even if i do bring a mechanic...kasi eto ang line of thinking ko:
    - Verify the car using a certified or an experienced mechanic
    - verify the credentials of the mechanic...(hehehe pano kaya ito?)

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dinJ View Post
    Why not consider a second hand Toyota Avanza 1.3J? Im seeing some in the classifieds being sold for as low as 400k. Yun nga lang gas siya but atleast modelo na and less headache.
    Check this link: http://www.ayosdito.ph/07+Toyota+Ava...er-1756053.htm
    Naisip ko rin yang avanza sir dinJ...medyo narrow nga lang body, at isa pa yun nga gas yun medyo mahal then aside from that concern din ako sa FC nito... For the trips balak ko rin sanang ipang-akyat ito sa north for weekend trips. Ayokong mabitin sa akyatan pag naka full seating capacity...at sa bagay na yan ang naiisip ko lang isagot dun sa concern na yun ay yung xwind or advie.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post

OT na yang carnival sir GTi ha. hehe, pero I've seen it and its performance. Maganda rin talaga. It's the look that does not feel right. parang hindi bagay sa lalaki yan eh, unlike the XUV or advie, ok lang. To the TS, crosswind talaga i-rereco ko.

Yung revo medyo underpowered na yan kapag marami kayo sasakay. Ok lang yung engine na yan for the 4x2 hilux noon. Sakto lang ang power, speed at FC. Service ng office eh.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    all I can say hindi naman masasayang ang pera mo sa dalawang sasakyan na ito, kailangan nga lang pumili ka ng maintained na sasakyan. parehong matitibay ito, may mga tumirik nang Innova less than 5 years, itong Advie at Xwind humahataw pa rin sa ganitong edad, proven and proven kahit tingnan mo lang sa mga pinampapasada kung gaano ito kabugbog pero umaandar pa rin.

given that maintenance wise, maayos ang pinagpipilian mo ito ang insights ko..

since mas mura ang resale value ng Advie, I would go for the fresher model advie siyempre. hindi poke mababa ang resale value may kinalaman sa credibility ng sasakyan, wala po yun sir.

kung gusto mo naman ng mas macho at mas maluwag na seating capacity, go for XWind.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    OT na yang carnival sir GTi ha. hehe, pero I've seen it and its performance. Maganda rin talaga. It's the look that does not feel right. parang hindi bagay sa lalaki yan eh, unlike the XUV or advie, ok lang. To the TS, crosswind talaga i-rereco ko.

Yung revo medyo underpowered na yan kapag marami kayo sasakay. Ok lang yung engine na yan for the 4x2 hilux noon. Sakto lang ang power, speed at FC. Service ng office eh.
    Sir Ry, yung looks ng Carnival... well I won't mind so long as its reliability
    and dependability would do justice... pa-tint ko na lang kung ng husto
    para di ako makita hahaha... then dapat katabi ko si misis para pag pinababa ang driver, siya ang palalabasin ko hahaha... jok lang,
    but seriously I am thinking of things like this scenarios:

-pano kung nasiraan ako malayo sa kabihasnan, could I find anyone who has knowledge about this engine and its internals like the cooling system and electricals..with the crosswind and advie kasi madaming may alam pano remedial works just you could reach to a decent shop hehehe.
    I would not want to sacrifice a good family trip dun sa repair shops looking for someone who could do a carnival show to my new engine.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by p_borj View Post
    all I can say hindi naman masasayang ang pera mo sa dalawang sasakyan na ito, kailangan nga lang pumili ka ng maintained na sasakyan. parehong matitibay ito, may mga tumirik nang Innova less than 5 years, itong Advie at Xwind humahataw pa rin sa ganitong edad, proven and proven kahit tingnan mo lang sa mga pinampapasada kung gaano ito kabugbog pero umaandar pa rin.

given that maintenance wise, maayos ang pinagpipilian mo ito ang insights ko..

since mas mura ang resale value ng Advie, I would go for the fresher model advie siyempre. hindi poke mababa ang resale value may kinalaman sa credibility ng sasakyan, wala po yun sir.

kung gusto mo naman ng mas macho at mas maluwag na seating capacity, go for XWind.
    Thanks sir Borj, first choice ko talaga ang xwind dahil primarily sa:
    1. FC, around 12km/liter nabasa ko
    2. Space (just right sa family of 7)
    3. Hi-ground clearance (Pang-iwas obstacles, rough roads-off roads, floods din siguro hehehe)
    4. Engine (No glow plugs, Quick Start, Less battery power consumption)
    5. Less Stressful to maintain, madaming makakaayos pag nasiraan ka and parts are readily and hopefully cheaper.
    6. Hi-torque...pang hauling talaga which is my need actually para pang karga at hindi pangkarera. Need ko ito pang-akyat sa norte hehehe.

of course, next to my list really is the advie...

All I need know is a CHECKLIST ON WHAT TO CHECK PAG 2001-2003 NA CROSSWIND, anyone here could suggest on the things to check when inspecting an old Crosswind?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Guys,
    Could help me prepare a checklist? something like what to check when you're in front of the owner and the vehicle that you are scouting:

WHAT TO CHECK AND WHY ON A 2001 (XWIND):
    A. DOCUMENTS:
    A1. CR: valid ba?how to check kung totoo?
    A2. OR: updated ba?paso na ba?
    A3. insurance coverage: year of coverage lang?anong coverage?
    A4. Owners manual: if available?
    A5. Maintenance Records: if available?
    A6. Owner Credentials (IDs): Necessary ba?
    A7. ....(Anything else worth mentioning???)

B. VEHICLE:
    B1. Engine: alin ang babantayan ko
    B2. Cooling system: alin ang bantayan??
    B3. Exhaust system: alin ang bantayan...yung kalawang?mounting bracket?
    B4. Power Steering and steering system:
    B5. Suspension System:
    B6. Transmission:
    B7. Brake system:
    B8. Body / Chasis: Kalawang lang? Dents? Gas-gas? tapal? bumper deffects? flooring? faded/uneven paint finish
    B9. Doors and Windows: hinges?kalawang?upholstery?power window mechanism? door locks and knobs?
    B10. Tires, diferentials, linkages:...loose joints?tire cracks?tire treads?
    B11. Side mirrors, glass works: cracks?loose mirrors?no mirrors?
    B12. Electrical system:rewired??, burn stains??, wire routing?? lighting indicators functioning??, busted lamps???switches??
    B13. Car seat, mechanism and upholstery: torn upholstery?broken mechanism for folding seats??, worn springs????
    B14. Air Conditioning: compressors???filters??
    B15. Foot pedals: clutch, brake, throttle pedals..may titingnan pa ba ako dito?
    B16. Fuel System: fuel Tank body, level indicator, hoses???ano bantayan ko dito?
    B17. (NEED MORE SUGGESTIONS FROM YOU THAT ARE WORTH MENTIONING)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
What to Expect and inspect in buying a 2001 Adventure or 2001 Crosswind