New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Previously I've never had any sensors on cars I've driven. Jumped straight to rear camera when got my Civic.

I've been on cars with rear sensors and the beeping makes me anxious lol but maybe they have their uses for when the camera can't see that short pot or something.

Just for discussions sake if ever which is better the sensors you simply attach or drill into the rear bumper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    When we got our FXT last year, we were thinking of putting rear backing sensors on it despite its rear view camera. After a few months of use, we got used to the rear view camera and did not bother getting rear sensors.

Our Jetta has no rear view sensors but it has peripheral sensors. These peripheral sensors can get really annoying in bumper to bumper traffic so we just mute it in cases we are stuck such traffic conditions.
    That's what I thought. It might just take a little bit of getting used to.

My XV also has Rear Cross-Traffic Alert sensors wherein the sensors are installed on the rear left and rear right sides of the car and those are making my head hurt while driving. They're useful in detecting blind spots though.

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    ok na ang rearview cam.. my reversing sensors beep pag madumi... a heart attack starter pack🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Hahaha. Never ko naencounter to sa mga rear back up sensors. Almost all of our cars kasi meron so talagang nasanay na lang siguro ako.

Quote Originally Posted by MamBad View Post
    Previously I've never had any sensors on cars I've driven. Jumped straight to rear camera when got my Civic.

I've been on cars with rear sensors and the beeping makes me anxious lol but maybe they have their uses for when the camera can't see that short pot or something.

Just for discussions sake if ever which is better the sensors you simply attach or drill into the rear bumper?

The camera has a wide view so short pots are visible. Siguro hinahanap hanap ko lang talaga yung beep while reversing.

For reference, the casa told me that thwy will drill small holes in the bumper.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MamBad View Post

The drilled ones are better. I wanted to buy the ones without drilling, but my friend who owns the shop said the attached ones get detached over time.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    My livina has a backing sensor but not a reverse camera. It was not able to detect the planter box scattered around SM mega open parking lot. It has a trapezoid shape and the upper portion was not detected by the sensor and I crashed the left side rear tail light into it. Now I rely more on the back up camera of the forester. On the ecosport,the back up camera is installed quite low (under the spare tire) that the view looks odd when backing up. Good thing the ecosport has a reverse sensor so there is redundancy.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    The drilled ones are better. I wanted to buy the ones without drilling, but my friend who owns the shop said the attached ones get detached over time.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    correct and prone to mishandling when opening tailgate. Specially mall guards What to do after buying a car

6. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenR View Post
    I would:

1: Wash (2-bucket method with good MF pads and towels)
    2: Clay
    3: Check for dealer-induced swirl marks, have paint corrected if it has swirl marks (Compound/Polish by machine)
    4: Apply a durable sealant (Re-apply annually)
    5: Apply wax (Re-apply weekly/monthly/quarterly or as desired)
    6: Enjoy your new ride
    Very helpful! Thanks

7. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by prizefighterMD View Post
    Very helpful! Thanks
    What's a "sealant"?

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516