New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Hello po. Been searching the forum but I can't find a specific thread dealing with this. If, meron po, can you please point me in that direction nalang. If wala, here goes:

I'm buying a brand new car. A Hyundai Tucson. First time buyer po. Ano-ano po ba dapat kong i-check upon picking-up my car from the dealership? Also, is it better if pa-deliver ko sa bahay or ako ang mag-pick up? In either case, I'm sure may mga dapat talagang kilatisin to see if everything is intact and/or functioning. I'm just not sure what they are. So can you please help me po for a checklist? Thanks in advance po.

rad

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the dealer has a check lists, and you will also be given a copy..you will sign it actually after the checking, just go trough with your SA pag nag check na kayo..

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Take your time checking your car. Be through. Here is a simple checklist:

1. check for scratches and dings. You never know, those cars have been sitting in the manufacturers lot and shipped to the dealer.
    2. Check power windows, mirrors, locks, seat, etc if functioning correctly. My Avanza had problems with the 3rd row locking. Fixed by the dealer before I drove it out.
    3. Check fluid levels, oil, water, atf, brake fluid, etc... I know of a case in Canada where Ford did not put ATF in a brand new Expedition. Blew a perfectly good tranny and Ford had to replace it under warranty.
    4. Ask SA to show you the controls if you are not familiar with them.
    5. Check tools, spare tire, EWD, manual etc..
    6. Most important get delivery receipt from your SA. Try to get several with diffrent dates. Cause your plates will take a long time to be released.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Thank you po mga sirs sa reply. I'll keep those in mind. By the way po, is it necessary to check the underside of the car? Kailangan ko ba gumapang sa ilalim ng kotse to check? What do I check for? dents? leaks?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    try out this checklist: http://www.theintarweb.org/cars/NewCarChecklist.pdf
    personally, its kind of anal but can help you out in being organized. Im buying a new Mazda 3 in a few weeks and I will be having this list in mind. Good luck!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by radrad View Post
    Thank you po mga sirs sa reply. I'll keep those in mind. By the way po, is it necessary to check the underside of the car? Kailangan ko ba gumapang sa ilalim ng kotse to check? What do I check for? dents? leaks?
    Just do a quick check to see if you have dents under the doors. Possible ito if yung nagdeliver nde maingat at sumabit ilalim which taking the car out of the truck.

Also check for leaks, but this is very hard to do.. anyway.. monitor mo when you get home for leaks and bring it to the dealer ASAP kung meron.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    if I may add:
    -himayin mo yung PDI (pre-delivery inspetion) checklist nila.
    i.e. they'll walk you through it anyway, so don't go there as if you just woke up. everytime they go through an item, scritinize.
    -the rest of the aesthetics - like dents, etc. as previously mentioned.
    -test everything and make sure they're all operational, like speedos/odos, lights, etc.
    .02 hth.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Mga sir, how about other stuff that I need to talk dun sa agent habang nandun kami sa casa aside sa mga dapat i check sa quality ng car? Warranties, what type of gas to use, checkups? Picking up our first car next week, and first talaga to, my parents never had one before and I just finished my driving school last week so wala talaga ako alam. Any advice will be great. Thanks!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    For service-related/technical stuff, I would suggest you talk to their SA (service advisor) instead of the sales agents. I would suggest you build up a relationship with your SA too as you will be dealing with him/her frequently in your next 3 years/100T kms or whichever comes first.

Oh, and you'd want to be there early too so you can go through all your questions/checklists without the rush...

.02 hth.
    Last edited by B2Bomber; August 24th, 2008 at 09:29 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    thank you sa info ....

big help

What to check for when picking-up your car.