New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hello Guys!

Hope you can help me choose between these two; My wife and I are planning to get a unit this month, pero mejo nalilito pa ko kung anu kuhain namin sa dalawa since they are almost in same price range; i am leaning towards Vios but my wife wants Avanza.

I have driven a Vios, and tingin ko; ok naman ang ride nya, comfortable pero medyo maliit. Sabi ng mga friends ko, mejo mabigat daw steering ng vios kumpara sa iba (ito pa lang naddrive ko - new driver pa lang kasi). Kung kukuha ako ng Vios, baka ibenta ko din after 3-5yrs to get a larger one.

Never driven Avanza; although appealing ang SUV-like look nya at 7-seater pa; my concern is that; mas marami akong nababasang problema ke Avanza kesa ke Vios. If we will take Avanza over Vios; mas ok syang i-keep para di na kame magupgrade after some years; since family car na sya.

Can you help me decide on what to choose on these two; here are my concerns by priority.
    1st - Comfortability (for Driver and Passengers)
    2nd - Handling (I am a new driver )
    3rd - Less Defects / Low Maintenance

We don't have kids yet pero we are planning to have one by 2013 .

Need you expert advice TIA!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If you have the usual titas-titos-lolos-and-lolas-joining-your-weekend-getaway tradition, then the Avanza will suit you best. Ergo, I find the Vios enough.

And being a new driver, you would definitely like to have the easiest car to maneuver. Here is where the Vios comes in. It's short, and pretty narrow as compared to Avanza which is long and might give you a hard time when you're backing up.

Having said, the needs of your family will decide as to which of the two is a better pick.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 2012 Avanza is coming out ;)

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    The 2012 Avanza is coming out ;)

Avanza ba to? Bat iba yung nilabas dun sa Toyota Indonesia Avanza launch?

But between the two, Avanza ako since the Vios is very cramped and the Avanza also has the advantage of more durable underpinnings (ladder frame, rear wheel drive platform tama ba?). Avanza is, of course, not as fast as the Vios having engines of similar power output (but not the same engine, contrary to popular belief) with the Avanza being a rebadged Daihatsu and, therefore, having a Daihatsu engine improved with Toyota's VVTi system.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Malaysia:

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Avanza ba to? Bat iba yung nilabas dun sa Toyota Indonesia Avanza launch?

But between the two, Avanza ako since the Vios is very cramped and the Avanza also has the advantage of more durable underpinnings (ladder frame, rear wheel drive platform tama ba?). Avanza is, of course, not as fast as the Vios having engines of similar power output (but not the same engine, contrary to popular belief) with the Avanza being a rebadged Daihatsu and, therefore, having a Daihatsu engine improved with Toyota's VVTi system.

car based ang design ng avanza not AUV based. so walang ladder frame.

rear wheel drive.

basically same engine power, but different engines. ang avanza ay gear low para malakas ang torque, pero low speed.

makina ng avanza ay 16-valve, DOHC, VVTi, timing chain

sa 1.3l, the engine is originally toyota, used by daihatsu. same as scion, toyota engine din. hindi ko na na research ang 1.5l

daihatsu xenia talaga ang original, rebadged to toyota avanza locally.

which one to buy? depende sa need.

na consider ko rin ang vios before. more than 90% of the time, 1 or 2 lang ang sakay. pero pag week end, tangay buong pamilya.

now let us compare the 2.0 altis sa 2.0 Innova. LOL
    Last edited by meledson; January 2nd, 2012 at 11:27 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    If you have the usual titas-titos-lolos-and-lolas-joining-your-weekend-getaway tradition, then the Avanza will suit you best. Ergo, I find the Vios enough.

And being a new driver, you would definitely like to have the easiest car to maneuver. Here is where the Vios comes in. It's short, and pretty narrow as compared to Avanza which is long and might give you a hard time when you're backing up.

Having said, the needs of your family will decide as to which of the two is a better pick.
    I thought the (current) Avanza is shorter and narrower compared to the Vios.

Vios 1.5G A/T vs Avanza 1.5G A/T