New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Thank you Bitulo for sharing that information.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    my opinion:
    get a besta or a pregio. they're diesels and offer better fuel expenses. also, they're more spacious, and ride higher, rendering them less susceptible to flooding. i would also recommend replacing their korean radiators with a tropical model. and since they're koreans, expect cheaper spare parts.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    my opinion:
    get a besta or a pregio. they're diesels and offer better fuel expenses. also, they're more spacious, and ride higher, rendering them less susceptible to flooding. i would also recommend replacing their korean radiators with a tropical model. and since they're koreans, expect cheaper spare parts.
    Even their original radiators are actually not bad at all. I would only avoid the 2.2L Besta and the 3.0L Pregio because of replacement parts availability, but the 2.7L engine is a good option.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitulo View Post
    With Aeronox naging 9 to 10 ang FC ko.
    Only reason Aeronox worked is because the Nissan carb is tuned to run pig-rich. Safer and better solution would be a carb rejetting, but hard to find a mechanic to do this, nowadays.

No problem getting the Grand Coach (that was our variant, too) up the mountains. It's just that some of the inner roads are quite steep, and need a running start from the Vanette.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Both vans are bad, very bad... As repeatedly stated, both vans are severely underpowered. I have yet to see a Liteace in Baguio and as for the Vanette... When we went to Baguio once many years ago, one among our convoy used a Vanette. When negotiating a rather steep curve, it started to slow down and eventually stopped and began going backwards, very narrowly missing our vehicle which was directly behind it. And it had overheating problems too also perhaps due to the stress of the engine while running around Baguio. And since both of these are also gasoline powered, fuel mileage isn't good as well. The cheapest alternative I can suggest is the diesel Tamaraw FX, followed by the Hilander and the Kia Pregio (which should do well for school service). I am sure about the Pregio as we once brought a Pregio to Baguio and it had a full load. No problem with that though it must be noted that it was quite new at that time and was very well maintained. Its very comfy and spacious too.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    Yung sa Liteace, medyo maraming parts and matipid pero yung 1.5 Carb engine medyo mahina sa hatakan. Suggest ko kunin ang GXL Variants (may power amenities na yan and classy tignan). Sa Vanette naman, yes you're right, malakas at malamig ang aircon (a good trait among Nissans) pero may naririnig ako prone to overheating. The Vanette has more pulling power kasi 2.0L pero im not sure about it's fuel efficiency. Suggest ko to check out the Grand Coach variants.

!

Bro.,- Grand Coach of the Vanette is just badge and trimmings,- nothing more compared to the regular Vanette....

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Only reason Aeronox worked is because the Nissan carb is tuned to run pig-rich. Safer and better solution would be a carb rejetting, but hard to find a mechanic to do this, nowadays.

No problem getting the Grand Coach (that was our variant, too) up the mountains. It's just that some of the inner roads are quite steep, and need a running start from the Vanette.
    Yes, it needs a running start when climbing steep roads.... Experienced this in Baguio once in a side street going to Grotto... The engine can die on you if you do not have the momentum.....

13.9K:mop:

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    It's a shame that somebody can be considered a mechanic if he doesn't know how to re-jet a carburettor... OK, currently-widespread EFI works effectively, but with a carburettor it's easier to do emergencial repairs on the roadside instead of wait for a wrecker truck...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    ayus lang naman ung lite ace namin nung pumunta kami ng baguio ,
    nagikot ikot kami sa baguio wala namang overheat kahit punuan kami malakas naman

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    If it is 1997 today, I'd get the Grand Coach over the Liteace. But now is 2012, I'd pick the Liteace. It has more staying power. Simpler construction and economical engine. For small kiddos, OK na yun. Make sure you get a unit with good AC. and please, sa ibang suggestion like Revo etc, masyado naman malayo sa budget, wag na po natin i-suggest. Halata naman around 100K ang budget, baka lang po makagulo sa TS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Is Vanette or Liteace a good choice for a used van?