New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    ^

kung laging traffic naman route mo kahit gaano pa ka fuel efficient yan, it will drink up a lot of gas during idle.
    i get your point sir Retz pero yun nga, kaya nga po i want the best fuel efficient car na makukuha ko para kahit mababad ako sa traffic, decent pa din FC ko..

di ko naman po hinahangad yung 12-13kms dahil impossible, mga 9-11kms/l ok na ko..

kasi yoko naman po kumuha ng unit na 5-7kms/liter lang ang ibibigay sakin..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Suzuki Alto standard

Seriously, kung decent 2nd hand car ang hanap mo, the 1.3L Honda City Type Z would do. And the Corolla Lovelife 1.6GLi MT.

Syempre, kung fuel efficient hanap mo, MT.

Ikaw na ang nagbigay ng term na imposible, then I hope you realize na imposible rin yung hinahanap mo based sa criteria mo.

Believe it or not, kung traffic ang daily drive mo, a matic vios may give you 7-8kms/liter in Metro Manila traffic. If you don't believe me, try renting a matic one for like 3 days and start with a full tank then top it up at the end of the second day.

Even a 5-speed matic jazz 1.5 vtec which is also perceived to be fuel-efficient also gave me 7kms/liter in Metro Manila traffic.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jeisuarezjescel View Post
    i get your point sir Retz pero yun nga, kaya nga po i want the best fuel efficient car na makukuha ko para kahit mababad ako sa traffic, decent pa din FC ko..

di ko naman po hinahangad yung 12-13kms dahil impossible, mga 9-11kms/l ok na ko..

kasi yoko naman po kumuha ng unit na 5-7kms/liter lang ang ibibigay sakin..
    Tell you what. Kahit gaano ka tipid sa gas ang kukunin mo, kapag matinding traffic, malakas parin uminom. I remember a Rio 1.4A/T owner sharing in another thread that he gets around 6km/L in his daily commute which consists of 32kms balikan heavy stop and go traffic. And other forumers found it normal under those circumstances!

I suggest you consider a diesel AUV instead. At a 200+k to 300+k budget, you can get a diesel Adventure or Revo. Diesels are more consistent in fuel consumption regardless of traffic conditions. In our Revo diesel, I get around 7.5km/L in a daily commute of merely 8kms balikan. We all know short trips get the worst mileage and I normally go out at around 6am, which means a cold start. Now considering that diesel is cheaper than gas, in the end the fuel expenses are actually similar to a small gasoline sedan. To compute:
    7.5kmL/P41 = X/P51;
    41X = 7.5 * 51 ;
    41X = 382.5 ;
    X = 382.5/41 ;
    X = 9.32km/L
    So, 7.5km/L diesel consumption is equivalent to 9.3km/L unleaded gasoline consumption.

Now my 7.5km/L is taken from this sort of daily commute. Longer drives, even if still in the city, can get as high as 8km/L. In highway driving, tried once going to Subic. NLEX driving 100-120km/h average, SCTEX driving 130-145km/h average, got me 9.4km/L.

Now for 300+k and above, you can get the Crosswind A/T. Its slow but sturdy and fuel efficient enough. As a rule of thumb, the Crosswind gets better gas mileage than the Revo diesel.
    Last edited by GTi; November 30th, 2012 at 10:38 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12