New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004

I noticed that, too. Of course, that doesn't compare to the "Handsome Stavic" article of their first lady of road testing. :lol:

*Jun: Not surprisingly, Car and Driver's "fast" times are also a point of contention for many people who say "bullsh*t, no way can that car do that!".

And mostly, these are people who have never driven the car in question, and couldn't launch a car properly if their life depended on it.

When they say things like that, I point out the same thing that you do... despite their fast times, differences between cars they've tested are roughly the same as in other magazines that get more "realistic" times.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    hey niky! I wana get a free Isuzu Alterra for Christmas hahahahaha!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Fortuner nalang.... ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Kaya ako, dito lang sa Tsikot nagtatanong. Usually, first hand information. Kung hindi man, very reliable ang sources.

At hindi lang pang kotse, may showbiz at iba pa!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Reviews from car magazines provide good info
    Yun nga ang mahirap sa local eh. Imbis na good info eh minsan WRONG info. hehehe.

Pero kung gusto mo malaman kung gano kasarap ang food na hinain ng Toyota para sa journalists nung launch ng Camry, check your local broadsheet. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    *Jun: Not surprisingly, Car and Driver's "fast" times are also a point of contention for many people who say "bullsh*t, no way can that car do that!".

And mostly, these are people who have never driven the car in question, and couldn't launch a car properly if their life depended on it.

When they say things like that, I point out the same thing that you do... despite their fast times, differences between cars they've tested are roughly the same as in other magazines that get more "realistic" times.
    I tend to compare times among the big three in the US: C/D, Motor Trend, and R & T. There is a consistency of times among them that can only come with experience and actual testing. All three have been around a long time testing cars long before there was an internet as we know it. These guys are pros at what they do. They also employ the latest tech on performance-measuring equipment. All three have the pull to test the cars as they please. I trust their numbers more than I trust those of many later internet publications.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; September 11th, 2006 at 12:28 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Just to see how goofy some of the internet sites can be, check this out:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_Sonata

Quote:
    "The U.S. launch of the all-new Sonata kicked off with the historical opening of the first U.S. assembly plant for the Korea-based Hyundai Motor Company in May 2005. The plant is located in Montgomery, Alabama. The Canadian sport version came with an optional 3.3 L Lambda V6 engine with 247 hp and 238 lb•ft of torque. Hyundai claims the car will launch to 62 mph (100 km/h) in 6.7 sec, and have a top speed of 147 mph for the V6. But the car is frequently reported to be going at speeds beyond 160 mph in korea due to the gear ratios of the sedan.

2006/2007 models of this sedan did not receive a speed limiter, but US officials are planning to put a limiter because of the powerful transmission when combined with the V6 version. Recently a man was caught doing 157 mph in a rental sonata which is often disscussed in enthusiast forums."

Beyond 160mph? Riiiiiiiight. Much as I like to believe it...... I know better that that.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    One thing wrong with that approach is that each owner is biased towards his/her vehicle. It doesn't help much with comparisons unless the owner owns all the vehicles in question. Otherwise, each owner will be saying, "Mine is better".
    Also, a guy who gets a lemon Toyota will tend to hate Toyota - even if he's had a dozen reliable ones before he got the lemon.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    When buying a car, its best to visit the dealers and test drive the cars yourself. People are subjective in nature and will propagate their opinion of the car. Its all good as you'd like to know how the opinion giver didn't like the car. It'll give you a "checklist" of sorts to look out for when doing the test drive yourself... ;)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yan ang kagandahan ng forums, kahit magadvertise ang major car manufacturer sa tsikot.com... still... members decision pa din ang masusunod... at sa mga new car buyers... its a wise decision to compare comments and reviews by actual users... makikita sila sa mga websites like tsikot.com, online car reviews etc.

Quote Originally Posted by HIFI View Post
    One reason why I like tsikot.com. There's a lot of
    diversity here.

Sa dami ng opinions/reviews dito, it's way better (and perhaps more realible) than any review sa mga magazines. After all, people here aren't being paid. It's free for all.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
The truth about automotive reviews,...