New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hi =)

I'm about to own my first car (2nd hand) early next year I would like to ask what are the processes and documents necessary for the transfer of ownership? Does the insurance policy also transfer to me?

Thank you very much ^^ !!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I'm about to own my first car (2nd hand) early next year. I would like to ask what are the processes and documents necessary for the transfer of ownership? Does the insurance policy also transfer to me?

You should have the ffg. documents:
    1. Original OR and CR
    2. Deed of Sale (notarized) 4 copies
    3. Insurance policy endorsed to your name
    4. I.D. w/ picture and signature of the previous owner (xerox copy will do)
    5. Corporate secretary's certificate (if registered to a corporation)
    6. Clearance from PNP Anti-Carnapping (Camp Karingal at Q.C., Pasig Kapitolyo, etc.. or to your nearest ANCAR)

Once you have the documents, you go to the LTO branch where the car is first registered ( it is indicated in the CR) and the ownership will be transferred to your name.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Stencils in LTO form of the engine number and chassis number pa bro. An endorsement from the insurance company transferring the policy to you will also be necessary.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by speedlimit View Post
    I'm about to own my first car (2nd hand) early next year. I would like to ask what are the processes and documents necessary for the transfer of ownership? Does the insurance policy also transfer to me?

You should have the ffg. documents:
    1. Original OR and CR
    2. Deed of Sale (notarized) 4 copies
    3. Insurance policy endorsed to your name
    4. I.D. w/ picture and signature of the previous owner (xerox copy will do)
    5. Corporate secretary's certificate (if registered to a corporation)
    6. Clearance from PNP Anti-Carnapping (Camp Karingal at Q.C., Pasig Kapitolyo, etc.. or to your nearest ANCAR)

Once you have the documents, you go to the LTO branch where the car is first registered ( it is indicated in the CR) and the ownership will be transferred to your name.

Magkano naman kaya aabutin pag nag pa change ownership ka? d b pwede kung san LTO k malapit???how about ung deed of sale pano kung pirma lng ng seller ung nandun dp notarized???ok lng b un???tnx,,,

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nejgnome87 View Post
    Magkano naman kaya aabutin pag nag pa change ownership ka? d b pwede kung san LTO k malapit???how about ung deed of sale pano kung pirma lng ng seller ung nandun dp notarized???ok lng b un???tnx,,,

hindi pwede yung pinakamalapit ng LTO sa iyo. dapat yan dun sa LTO office where the car was originally registered.

yung deed of sale na hindi notarized, hindi accepted yun. kung baga, hindi sealed by both parties yung agreement (contract) kung hindi pirmado ng other party and hindi notarized ang document.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Hi... What is the maximum number of days from the notarization of deed of sale should the transfer be processed? TIA

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hikoji View Post
    Hi =)

I'm about to own my first car (2nd hand) early next year I would like to ask what are the processes and documents necessary for the transfer of ownership? Does the insurance policy also transfer to me?

Thank you very much ^^ !!
    I have my car transfered to my name also last Oct. 2007, these are the documents needed and costing.
    1. Transfer of ownership request from TMG pasay, to be paid at Landbank. Php 300
    2. Pay it at nearest landbank together with the Deed of Sale, yung CR di na hinanap sakin kasi di naman nakapangalan yun sa kin pero dala ko rin sa banko. Ang need talaga is the Deed of Sale.
    3. Get the receipt from the bank and the request. May maiiwan sayong kopya tapos ibalik mo ito sa TMG.
    4. AT TMG show all the paid documents from the bank, i-stencil nila makina mo.
    5. TMG crime Lab will release a form to stencil again your engine. Dito ako nagtagal kasi almost 11nn na dumating yung taga crime lab pero the process itself mabilis lang.
    6. Tatanungin ka kung rush, i choose rush para di na babalik, Php 450
    7. At 12:30 pm na release na yung clearance. (Ni-required apala nila na i-zerox lahat ng documents, CR, OR, yung clerance, Deed of Sale Php 35.00

Then punta ka sa LT kung saan naka-register yun car mo.

1. Stencil of your engine again by LTO personnel.
    2. TPL Insurance Php 750 I think
    3. Smoke emission, I forgot kung magkano.
    4. Dalhin mo lahat ng documents sa records and advise them for transfer of ownership.
    5. I-evaluate nila hat ng docs mo then hintayin mo na lang sa evaluator kung may kelangan pa sila.
    6. Payment to cashier, Php 2600.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by manley View Post
    Hi... What is the maximum number of days from the notarization of deed of sale should the transfer be processed? TIA
    imho, alam ko walang expiry yan. i've known carowners who used the car for six years, pero hindi pa pinapalagay sa kanya yung ownership.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Wala namang prescription period ang deed of sale bro. There are no taxes such as capital gains tax or doc stamps (unlike in real estate transactions) which could affect the validity of the deed of sale. Pero meron atang penalty sa LTO.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I think there is a validity period. To be safe, dont put anything on the date of deed of sale agreement.

transfer of ownership?