New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I just want to ask your opinion guys if its worth it to trade-in my 2010 Hyundai Tucson GLS 2WD to the new Ford Focus Sport+?

I was thinking going with the Mazda CX-5 or the Subaru XV but clearly had second thoughts when I saw the Ford Focus.

I only use my car for city driving. Turning 3 years with just 18kms.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    it's up to you kung love at first sight ka sa focus. pero wag trade-in. find your own seller. madali mo mabebenta ng magandang price yan. ang baba ng mileage e. babaratin ka lang pag trade-in. only my opinion

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    it's up to you kung love at first sight ka sa focus. pero wag trade-in. find your own seller. madali mo mabebenta ng magandang price yan. ang baba ng mileage e. babaratin ka lang pag trade-in. only my opinion
    Yun din po and concern ko sa trade-in. Halos 600k lang appraisal ng Subaru. Nakakasama ng loob.
    Isa pa concern namin sa Focus eh kung kaya off-roads.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by darylmonte View Post
    Yun din po and concern ko sa trade-in. Halos 600k lang appraisal ng Subaru. Nakakasama ng loob.
    Isa pa concern namin sa Focus eh kung kaya off-roads.
    Since you're driving a FWD Tucson, with no locking or limited slip differential, low ground clearance and limited wheel articulation, then why are you concerned with off-roading? The only advantage of the Tucson over the Focus is an extra two inches of ground clearance and an extra three or four inches of intake height.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    And as you said, you drive it only in the city.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    focus tapos off road? lagyan mo ng bike rack tapos bili ka mountain bike.

seriously, i'd rather keep the tucson. why sell a car that has only 18000km on it, worry about the trade-in value, lose money because the buyer will never pay you the value you think your car is worth, then buy another car and pay more money in the process. and for what, because of looks? naaah! the tucson looks better than the focus.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hindi naman po ako after sa looks, although isa yon sa mga nagustuhan ko sa ford focus. I'm beginning to have second thoughts sa build quality ng tucson din. when i saw the focus at our local mall for showing, sa pintuan palang parang mas magaan ang tucson. I'm also looking for a more fuel efficient ride although hindi ako sure kung mas fuel efficient ung focus kasi wala pa gaanong reviews.

Yung concern ko for off-road, sorry sa misunderstanding. Concern ko lang is yung ground clearance kasi we usually go to Sagada and Dasol, Pangasinan, eh medyo mabato po sa areas na un.

First time po kasi namin mag-sedan kung sakali. My rides before I got the Tucson were the 1st gen CR-V then the 1st gen RAV-4.

Thanks for all your opinions.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    tama sila. wag trade-in. benta mo nalang. i think it's worth it.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yes. Hopefully I can sell it as high as 900k