New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 62
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,625
    #41
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    yung hilux conquest din eh.. top of the line na pick-up hindi pa naka leather seats.. although may pagka vinyl type yung leather seat ng toyota ha..
    and the HU is not the same as in the fortuner ltd..

  2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    937
    #42
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    Why other automakers can't copy or imitates toyota's build quality or "tibay-ness"?

    Anong meron sa kanila na uniqueness ng pagkatibay?

    Do they have trade secrets?

    Sent from my SM-N970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    I think I've heard somewhere before, they supposedly follow the "kaizen" way. Not sure but I think it has something to do with continuous improvement until it becomes reliable (?). Its probably in the internet somewhere.

    I'm not too sure about that mumbo jumbo. We've had a 1st gen vios before and it was a major pile of s***. The real advantage I think is the supply of parts, kahit saan may nabibili agad.

  3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    45,768
    #43
    aside from the many things mentioned in google, that they say make toyota a great car maker,
    an auto journalist also wrote that toyota encourages third party manufacture of parts and accessories for toyota vehicles.
    a definite plus for toyota parts chasers, who will only add to the songs of praise for toyota.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 18th, 2022 at 04:23 PM.

  4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,870
    #44
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    I'm not too sure about that mumbo jumbo. We've had a 1st gen vios before and it was a major pile of s***. The real advantage I think is the supply of parts, kahit saan may nabibili agad.
    nung nasa Taxi business kami. we had Sentra's (LEC), E90/E100 Corollas and our friend have Kia Prides

    I can say that units are 50-50. I can't confidently say that the Corolla broke down less compared to the Sentras

    But Corolla parts are easily accessible that replacing the entire thing is easier than just having a specific part replaced.

    E90 and E100 almost shared parts which was also a big plus

  5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,844
    #45
    toyota-dakar.jpg

    https://www.autoindustriya.com/racin...the-hilux.html

    This used to be Mitsu's playground ... a long long time ago in a desert far far away ...

  6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    11,636
    #46
    It probably helps that a worthy 3rd gen Toyoda helms this juggernaut of a badge...
    One who knows how to burn rubber...
    ?????????????????????????? - YouTube
    One who embraces change....
    Akio Toyoda MBA?82 at Babson?s Centennial Commencement - YouTube
    ......& donutsThe Toyota Juggernaut Continues ...

    Sent from my SM-G970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

  7. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,625
    #47
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    I think I've heard somewhere before, they supposedly follow the "kaizen" way. Not sure but I think it has something to do with continuous improvement until it becomes reliable (?). Its probably in the internet somewhere.

    I'm not too sure about that mumbo jumbo. We've had a 1st gen vios before and it was a major pile of s***. The real advantage I think is the supply of parts, kahit saan may nabibili agad.
    Maybe your vios was a.. lemon?..
    What problems did you encountered on your gen1 vios?

    Sent from my SM-N970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

  8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,729
    #48
    sabi nga nila, kahit sa sari sari store may mabibili kang piyesa ng toyota hehe at lahat ng mekaniko alam gawin ang toyota. mataas pa resale value.

  9. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    937
    #49
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    Maybe your vios was a.. lemon?..
    What problems did you encountered on your gen1 vios?

    Sent from my SM-N970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Water coming inside the tail lights. I saw vios taxis with the same issues. Unusual premature suspension parts wear. Suspension boots were already torn. Water was also coming inside the trunk. All that in less than 5 years.

  10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    45,768
    #50
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Water coming inside the tail lights. I saw vios taxis with the same issues. Unusual premature suspension parts wear. Suspension boots were already torn. Water was also coming inside the trunk. All that in less than 5 years.
    ... private ordinary family use,
    family business use,
    or taxi?

    acquired brand new, or "slightly used"?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

The Toyota Juggernaut Continues ...