New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 62
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    27,450
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    Yup the Raize it's more like a crossover version of the Wigo. Even their platforms was not related to each other.

    I wish that they will bring in the CHR and the Yaris cross as well..

    Sent from my SM-N970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    the CHR is too expensive. it will never be imported sa pinas.

  2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    937
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    I wish that they will bring in the CHR and the Yaris cross as well..

    Sent from my SM-N970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    But CHR owners supposedly weren't satisfied with it.

    I'm thinking... maybe they should bring the 2.0L Corolla hatch, with manual transmission.

  3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,225
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    But CHR owners supposedly weren't satisfied with it.

    I'm thinking... maybe they should bring the 2.0L Corolla hatch, with manual transmission.
    naku potentially strike 3 agad sa product planners ng toyota philippines yan.

    1. hatch
    2. 2 liters
    3. manual

    all historically non-volume sellers sa market natin. buti kung parang halo vehicle na toyota gr yaris but vanilla model lang iyan sa kanila.

    teka if memory finds me. diba nagkaroon ng ch-r sightings dati sa pinas a few years back? was that a grey market import?

  4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    17,280
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    naku potentially strike 3 agad sa product planners ng toyota philippines yan.

    1. hatch
    2. 2 liters
    3. manual

    all historically non-volume sellers sa market natin. buti kung parang halo vehicle na toyota gr yaris but vanilla model lang iyan sa kanila.

    teka if memory finds me. diba nagkaroon ng ch-r sightings dati sa pinas a few years back? was that a grey market import?
    So true. Sedans outsell hatches by a huge margin (10k Vios vs few hundred Yaris). Noone likes gas guzzlers (and to most pinoys, anything above 1.6L for gas-fed cars is counted as a gas-guzzler). And manuals are only famous on the internet but noone buys them IRL except taxi operators.

    Halo models with manual transmissions like the GR Yaris and CTR will have a niche market, but the target market for econoboxes would buy an AT if given the option.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    937
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    naku potentially strike 3 agad sa product planners ng toyota philippines yan.

    1. hatch
    2. 2 liters
    3. manual
    Actually, there's a decent amount of wigo with manual transmission out there. It doesn't have a 2.0L though. 😂

  6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,637
    #16
    Same banana in Japan:

  7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,225
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Actually, there's a decent amount of wigo with manual transmission out there. It doesn't have a 2.0L though. 😂
    yes but that would not be an accurate representation were a 2.0 corolla hatch with a manual be sold here. you have to understand the wigo is built for a very price sensitive demographic in mind. (i.e. first time owners). in toyota's hierachy of models walang ka price overlap ang wigo lalo na manual bare bones which they tend to be. also wala din namang wigo sedan option. kung corolla hatch madaming ka presyo yan and i'm sure it would would be cross shopped with a few suvs, mpvs, sedans just within the toyota nameplate alone

  8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    937
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    yes but that would not be an accurate representation were a 2.0 corolla hatch with a manual be sold here. you have to understand the wigo is built for a very price sensitive demographic in mind. (i.e. first time owners). in toyota's hierachy of models walang ka price overlap ang wigo lalo na manual bare bones which they tend to be. also wala din namang wigo sedan option. kung corolla hatch madaming ka presyo yan and i'm sure it would would be cross shopped with a few suvs, mpvs, sedans just within the toyota nameplate alone
    I mean sure we all know its not feasible but that was the 3 criteria given kasi eh. 😂

    But anyway, I heard there's a corolla hatch hybrid with CVT that has 181 hp being sold in other countries... and its pretty enjoyable to drive. Bawal yun sa Toyota PH diba? 😂

  9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,225
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    I mean sure we all know its not feasible but that was the 3 criteria given kasi eh. 😂

    But anyway, I heard there's a corolla hatch hybrid with CVT that has 181 hp being sold in other countries... and its pretty enjoyable to drive. Bawal yun sa Toyota PH diba? 😂
    sorry. i don't understand. why bawal?

  10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    45,734
    #20
    car manufacturers have not yet discovered the formula that makes for a best-selling car.
    automotive history is full of such examples.
    the buying public has a fickle mind.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 18th, 2022 at 10:11 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

The Toyota Juggernaut Continues ...