Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    ... private ordinary family use,
    family business use,
    or taxi?

acquired brand new, or "slightly used"?
    Ordinary use. Company car, acquired new. Occasional long distance trips, although admittedly the provincial highways before were crappier. But we also had a lancer cedia before. Its suspension managed to last longer than the vios driving in the same set of roads, and that's with a heavier 17 inch aftermarket rims. Although different segments, we also had a ford ranger 2002 and escape 2004 back then, no issues with them.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Ordinary use. Company car, acquired new. Occasional long distance trips, although admittedly the provincial highways before were crappier. But we also had a lancer cedia before. Its suspension managed to last longer than the vios driving in the same set of roads, and that's with a heavier 17 inch aftermarket rims. Although different segments, we also had a ford ranger 2002 and escape 2004 back then, no issues with them.
    it would appear,
    the heavier the build, the more robust the quality.

provincial runs may be friendlier to the engine, but it is probably harder on the suspension.

company car?
    i wonder, who else drives it?

... odometer reading?
    Last edited by dr. d; January 18th, 2022 at 10:28 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Water coming inside the tail lights. I saw vios taxis with the same issues. Unusual premature suspension parts wear. Suspension boots were already torn. Water was also coming inside the trunk. All that in less than 5 years.
    Hmmm samin 1st gen vios only had an issue on the 12th year of ownership. Suspension repairs lang. Yung aircon nasira on the 17th year of ownership.

Never had a problem with water sa tail lights and trunk. Although nangyayari daw yan sa mga nabangga.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Water coming inside the tail lights. I saw vios taxis with the same issues. Unusual premature suspension parts wear. Suspension boots were already torn. Water was also coming inside the trunk. All that in less than 5 years.
    Possible it's a lemon unit...

Btw the gen 1 vioses was not assembled at santa rosa, laguna. It was assembled in thailand..
    i may not sure on this..

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    it would appear,
    the heavier the build, the more robust the quality.

provincial runs may be friendlier to the engine, but it is probably harder on the suspension.

company car?
    i wonder, who else drives it?

... odometer reading?
    Kung sino lang kailangan sa family members. It was a long time ago but I think odometer was around 60k to 70k. Engine and the manual transmission never had a problem though, even the clutch was never replaced.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Hmmm samin 1st gen vios only had an issue on the 12th year of ownership. Suspension repairs lang. Yung aircon nasira on the 17th year of ownership.

Never had a problem with water sa tail lights and trunk. Although nangyayari daw yan sa mga nabangga.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Nabangga nga yung amin pero sa harap. Twice. Our vios didn't have an ABS. 😓

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    phil-import.jpg

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...a-in-2021.html

If only the Philippines was the exporter instead of the importer ...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    phil-import.jpg

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...a-in-2021.html

If only the Philippines was the exporter instead of the importer ...
    yes sayang nga. it is almost painful to think na sana tayo nag eexport ngayon. we already had the headstart then.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    yes sayang nga. it is almost painful to think na sana tayo nag eexport ngayon. we already had the headstart then.
    isang naging problem is our local market is relatively small to support a manufacturing hub. unlike thailand and indonesia whose car sales reach 1M/year pre-pandemic.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    isang naging problem is our local market is relatively small to support a manufacturing hub. unlike thailand and indonesia whose car sales reach 1M/year pre-pandemic.
    i don't think na local market issue.. kasi pwede naman tayo mag export to satisfy yung numbers eh.. we just drop da ball.. that's it.. pati sa electronics nag alisan yung mga nandito na..

maganda yung initiative na to support local.. dapat nga mga government agencies ang bilhin na fleet ay yung locally made.. like vios, innova..

remember yung pnp bumili ng mahindra.. haha di ba bumalik din sila sa toyota

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast