New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    sorry. i don't understand. why bawal?
    Observation lang. Their line up are pretty boring. Bawal ata sa kanila yung medyo exciting and fun to drive, unless you're paying upwards of 2 million.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Observation lang. Their line up are pretty boring. Bawal ata sa kanila yung medyo exciting and fun to drive, unless you're paying upwards of 2 million.
    ay eh yung nga lang seems to be the case.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i believe so.
    toyota ph probably doesn't want to be saddled with a model that's a commercially failing proposition because it has few takers.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    My 2c: In times of uncertainty like this pandemic, Toyota's reputation for reliability and durability probably trumps everything else in most buyers' list of priorities.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i believe so.
    toyota ph probably doesn't want to be saddled with a model that's a commercially failing proposition because it has few takers.
    Like the yaris, corolla cross, and Rav 4... Come to think of it, ang patok dito sa atin yung mga rebadged Daihatsu.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Like the yaris, corolla cross, and Rav 4... Come to think of it, ang patok dito sa atin yung mga rebadged Daihatsu.
    "if the price is right."
    as long as the badge is also 'right'.

one can get away with many things, if one is at the top of the heap.

"toyota's worstseller might well be another brand's bestseller."
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 18th, 2022 at 11:12 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "if the price is right."
    as long as the badge is also 'right'.

one can get away with many things, if one is at the top of the heap.

"toyota's worstseller might well be another brand's bestseller."
    heh heh.
    tama....tsikoteers think they represent the majority of car buyers...nope

the majority doesnt looks for "fun to drive" vehicles....they only need a vehicle to nring them from point A to B....

the majority doesnt look to replace their car every 3 to 5 years....durability is a must (kahit perception lang)

8. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    I mean sure we all know its not feasible but that was the 3 criteria given kasi eh. The Toyota Juggernaut Continues ...

But anyway, I heard there's a corolla hatch hybrid with CVT that has 181 hp being sold in other countries... and its pretty enjoyable to drive. Bawal yun sa Toyota PH diba? The Toyota Juggernaut Continues ...
    If bawal corolla hatch hybrid for our market, why TMP sells corolla altis hybrid here anyway? Same lang sila ng hybrid engine possibly..

My thoughts will be, the hatch versions of corolla wasn't built in thailand instead it was assembled in japan or in europe means mas mahal pag binenta dito due to the taxes..

Right now ang dami ng hiluxes na nakikita ko sa labas.. mas malaki ang ratio nila compared sa mga ranger, strada, navara, dmax..

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    tama....tsikoteers think they represent the majority of car buyers...nope

the majority doesnt looks for "fun to drive" vehicles....they only need a vehicle to nring them from point A to B....
    how many times have i personally heard it?
    "toyota bilin mo. matibay siya."

it's probably the one brand that sells itself, just by the mention of the name.

an auto journalist once wrote,
    "...the envy of the automotive world".

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    if i wanted a...

sedan. city/civic for me. why even consider a toyota? - or a Mazda 3

4x4. jimny. walang ganito si toyota - fully agree on this

base 4x4 pickup. strada GL has power windows. hilux J are hand crank - goodluck sa cost of parts, and based on experiences from owners who use pickups for business (always driven by company drivers), mas matibay talaga hi-lux.

MPV. avanza/rush suck. many good options out there: br-v XL7 ertiga etc - no comment here

crossover. HR-V. defintely not getting a corolla cross - no comment here either

now i'm wondering how toyota sells so many cars LOL
    LC300 and Alphard wala din competition.
    Signature

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast