New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ang pinaka-OK kunin lalo na kung business-minded, ang diesel AUV/MPV/SUV. Fuel consumption is similar to 1.6-1.8L sedans for a 2.5L diesel, tapus P10/L less pa, not to mention around twice the seating capacity. Adventure, Crosswind or Innova ang pagpilian ko. Ang Innova mas malakas humatak pero mas mahal maintenance/parts cost due to the more modern engine. Adventure at Crosswind makupad pero napakatibay at napakatipid. Maintenance cost is similar to small gasoline sedans, which is to say, very cheap.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Jut703: The Jazz looks like it would work. It somehow looks smaller from the outside but I guess the folding seats make up for it. Thanks for suggesting.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Hmm. How much money are you willing to shell out for the downpayment?

Normally, for first time drivers I would suggest something small because of its easy maneuverability. Typically an Eon or a Mirage, but since you mentioned you factor space I would suggest a base model Altis or a base Model Jazz. I would prefer the latter because of its versatility and incredible space. The Altis is 1.6 while the Jazz is 1.3L. The Jazz being a hatchback is easy to drive especially when backing up as it does not have a trunk unlike the Altis.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2
    Around 150k or so for DP. Thanks for the suggestions. I may just go for a smaller car for now, most likely a Jazz given its space advantage. Does the liter difference of 1.3 and 1.6 directly translate to the frequency of the need to refuel?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Honda Jazz 1.3 MT. Easy to drive, easy to park, lots of cargo space for photo/video equipment. Expensive up front, but very good resale value and 10,000 km service intervals.

If you're travelling between Makati and Ortigas every day, an Advenure or Crosswind would be a target for anti-smoke belching enforcement units. An Innova diesel would be safer, and will do all you need, but I don't know if you can fit the monthly payments into your budget.

How much equipment do you bring to your shoots? If it can fit into something like a Mirage or a Picanto MT, that would be even more practical from an overall expense standpoint. There's also the Rio 1.2, which is very spacious, has a big trunk and good economy, for only 550k, which gives you a monthly of around 9-10k only, depending on your car plan, leaving enough in your budget for fuel, tires and contingency repairs.

Oh, and if you value fuel economy, stick with a manual transmission. If you MUST have an AT, only the Mitsubishi Mirage CVT has the potential for decent economy in traffic.

If this production company is a serious thing, then work on budgetting travel expenses into the operation ledgers to offset your car costs, and go ahead and get something like an Innova or a basic (135hp) Montero.
    Hi Niky, thanks for the insightful reply. The Jazz looks like it would work very well for the kind of equipment we bring to our shoots.

We are getting our books soon so we'll definitely factor in expenses to our ledges, but I think I'll opt for the Jazz now and trade up to a bigger vehicle when we need it later on, or we'll get another one if our company does really well.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Go for Innova J diesel. Very practical and drives more like a sedan and not an AUV/MVP with more cargo and passenger space.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thinking of Buying My 1st Car