New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    yup was talking about the CVT, not sure about the M/T since i was only able to test drive it in edsa. feedbacks from previous wrx owners though the fastest wrx is the hawkeye wrx.

would i get the wrx over the brz, yes if it was going to be a daily driver but i'd get the CVT. the only reason i'd get an M/T is if i'm going to track it and in the track i'd rather be driving a brz over the wrx anyday.
    Actually... got me curious... I checked it out, C&D got 4.7 out of the old WRX and just 5.0 out of the new one. Dunno... perhaps it's better boost response from the 2.5 in their tests... or maybe when they get a higher mileage media unit, it'll go down to the same.

-

Definitely take the BRZ on track... but the WRX isn't so bad in the corners. Still no STI, but it's well set up.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i think it's because of the gearing. the hawkeye has a longer gear ratio compared to other wrx's.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If I have that option, I would go with the WRX CVT as it can be an easy daily driver and can even serve as a family car as it can seat 5 people plus carry baggage on its trunk.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Kung ako pipile WRX. Eversince yan na gusto talaga. Opted lang suv for family use.
    Why wrx kase mas gusto ko ung looks nya. Tsaka may nakasabayan na ako date na wrx napabilib ako sa bilis nya.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    go with the BRZ.
    Since you already have an everyday car to use. the BRZ is perfect for being used just as a weekend car, coding car, date car.

with regards to the sayad. Try to put a rubber lip on the front bumper. it will help prevent the pavement scraping directly to the bumper. para siyang bumper protector.

Changing your rims to a bigger size will also increase your ride height slightly to help in those high ramps.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Sorry ulit sa OT.

For daily drive, long distance every 3 months, comfort and porma(binata pa). WRC CVT vs Forester XT?
    Last edited by jonski; January 12th, 2015 at 06:13 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    Sorry ulit sa OT.

For daily drive, long distance every 3 months, comfort and porma(binata pa). WRC CVT vs Forester XT?
    For a yuppie or even a dad with a family of 3-4, the WRX will be a better choice. The Forester XT is better suited as a family vehicle - big size to seat comfortably 5 people plus carry enough luggage for a vacation.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    My thoughts on WRX vs FXT:

- If you're gonna get a WRX, get it in manual. I've been driving manuals in EDSA traffic for years, one of which was a heft Ranger with a heavy clutch, and I don't get home any more fatigued than when I drive an automatic.

Performance wise, the CVT WRX will probably be as good as the MT, but there's nothing that feels as engaging as controlling three pedals and a stick shift when driving out of town or on a twisty mountain road.

- If you want the convenience of a CVT, get the FXT instead. Chances are, you're getting a CVT because it'll be used more as a daily driver and less as a weekend toy, and probably very rarely as a track car (if at all). For that kind of use, the Forester is better suited. The Forester has more space, a more comfortable ride, and a tougher suspension plus ground clearance for road imperfections. Oh, and better flood fording too, in case you need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    forester xt ka na! but if you want a performance car ok pa din wrx.

so far sa mga mall na pinupuntahan ko never naman ako nag ka problem. powerplant mall, glorietta, greenbelt, trinoma, shangri-la, greenhills, sm aura and megamall.
    Kaka pareserve ko lang kanina sa white brz MT. Hinihintay ko nalang inorder kong cheque book sa bank ko. Nawala ko ksi yung current eh. Hoping maayos ko lahat before end of january. anyway ganda din talaga ng wrx haha nakita ko kanina ulit pero iba dating ng 2 door sports car kasi hehe

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by carljenar View Post
    Kaka pareserve ko lang kanina sa white brz MT. Hinihintay ko nalang inorder kong cheque book sa bank ko. Nawala ko ksi yung current eh. Hoping maayos ko lahat before end of january. anyway ganda din talaga ng wrx haha nakita ko kanina ulit pero iba dating ng 2 door sports car kasi hehe
    nice shoot me a pm of your fb page so i can invite you to our group.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast