New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Looking at options for a basic, everyday car to get us around the metro, preferably 750-850k. automatic is a must and driver seat height adjuster preferred. here are current choices:

- honda jazz v cvt
    - honda city e cvt
    - suzuki giaz gl at
    - toyota yaris 1.3 e cvt

out - ertiga, vios, almera, mirage g4

critical also would be maintenance cost, cabin space, reliability, and fuel efficiency. any thoughts from owners? leaning towards the jazz due to practicality but honda maintenance is generally high. previously considering accent diesel also but pms cost might not justify the size of the vehicle. other suggestions welcome, thanks

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Honda maintenance isn't more expensive than Toyota's.

Remember, Honda only requires you to have your car serviced every 10,000 km or 6 months, compared to Toyota's 5,000 km/3 month interval.

My 10,000 km PMS for my Civic was under 3k. My 5,000 km PMS for my Altis was 500 pesos while my 10,000 km PMS was 4k. So the Honda actually comes out cheaper.

The City E and Jazz V are practical all-rounders at your price range. Above average (if not class-leading) space, comfort, handling, aesthetics, engine performance, and fuel efficiency.

The Accent has a very efficient and powerful engine, but that's about it.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    I was in your shoes a few weeks ago and Honda City yung napili ko

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    The accent also has a 5 year warranty over the other choices but since it's a hyundai, who knows. Still unique though, because it has a crdi engine.

If you're going for the city, you should also try looking at the vx variant. From the bare looking e, it has more features and of course, better exterior too due to bigger wheels. However, it's around 900k, which means stretching your budget a little more if you want that one.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Totoo yung PMS cost ng accent sobrang mahal. Imagine yung office mate ko, sa quotation nya, 550 for each spark plug so 2200 lahat Sub 850k practical choice daily car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Honda City E CVT fits the bill. Decent space, large trunk, fuel efficient, and acceptable performance - a good recipe for a decent appliance car.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    A friend previously had the accent gas but let go if it right away due to consumption issues. For such a small car, lakes raw humigop.

Any feedback in the Yaris? Weird that it comes out cheaper than the vios (1.3 e cvt).

Between city e and jazz v (both CRV), which has a better interior?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by a9828 View Post
    A friend previously had the accent gas but let go if it right away due to consumption issues. For such a small car, lakes raw humigop.

Any feedback in the Yaris? Weird that it comes out cheaper than the vios (1.3 e cvt).

Between city e and jazz v (both CRV), which has a better interior?

in the mid-2000's it used to be that the city was just a sedan version of the jazz, which meant a gas tank under the front seats for both cars which enabled the "magic" seats, which greatly increased the versatility of the city. in fact even the low-end city 1.3S had those fantastic rear seats

but now the feature is gone, which severely limits the versatility of the city. and only the TOTL gets the simple folding backrest, not even close to the versatility of the City GD. the rest have fixed rear seats

so if you're planning to load a chair, a large plate rack, etc. might not be possible to load into the City. but might be possible in the Jazz

that's something to consider. that's why i wouldn't be getting the City anymore