New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by peach186 View Post
    We were choosing between Civic and this. Pero relatively mas mahal kasi ang Civic.

Anyway, what can you recommend ba sir? Budget around 100K.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk
    If you really want a midsize sedan, I'd suggest the 6th gen Accord. Get one that is 2000 model or newer. These can now be had for 100+k. Probably even lower depending on your negotiating skills.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I still drive my 95 Accord on coding days. Its a nice car but I would probably get something newer. Over 10+ years of ownership mine has had the transmission rebuilt, alternator and radiator replaced, as well as most of the suspension parts.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    If you really want a midsize sedan, I'd suggest the 6th gen Accord. Get one that is 2000 model or newer. These can now be had for 100+k. Probably even lower depending on your negotiating skills.

Better yet, any midsize 2001 or later. The LTO registration cost for midsize cars 2000 or older is much higher.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Better yet, any midsize 2001 or later. The LTO registration cost for midsize cars 2000 or older is much higher.
    Ah 2001 ba ang cutoff nung lower registration prices? Kala ko kasi 2000 hehe.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    peachy,

marami na secreto sira ganyan age.

Mahina 50thou added expenses nyan sa repair.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    A 2 decade+ car, headaches. You cannot expect 100% trouble free. Seller will not tell you everything. Expect to shell out P50k or more if trouble arises. Then, some more.

Like others suggested, buy a newer model.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Not necessarily din naman that a newer car will get you less headaches. Say, a 2001 model Accord that you might be able to get for 100k is still a 17 year old car, and our 1997 Accord had a transmission replacement at the tender age of 5. Always bring a trusted mechanic with you when visiting a unit, preferably one with experience in buy and sell.

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    I cant argue with the ride comfort of the Accord. And its pulling power as well. If you really love the car AND have the budget for fixing and maintaining it, then go. Otherwise, its best to save a bit more and get a newer model.

I had a 2000 Accord A/T that I bought pre loved last 2012. Spent two years doting on it as my personal project. Sadly I parted with it last 2015 due to personal problems. I was really a great ride and a gas monster. But you could smile ear to ear when the pedal was floored

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by boy astig View Post
    I cant argue with the ride comfort of the Accord. And its pulling power as well. If you really love the car AND have the budget for fixing and maintaining it, then go. Otherwise, its best to save a bit more and get a newer model.

I had a 2000 Accord A/T that I bought pre loved last 2012. Spent two years doting on it as my personal project. Sadly I parted with it last 2015 due to personal problems. I was really a great ride and a gas monster. But you could smile ear to ear when the pedal was floored
    First sentence palang. hehehe. The suspension is good if its new, but we're in 2018. These models are extremely old. Suspension is probably shot or not working as intended.

Buying an old 100k vehicle will require another 50k-100k in repairs to bring it back to a safe working condition. Head gasket is already flaky [emoji848]. Piston rings? Ehem. Pan seals are leaking, Crank shaft seal is needing relacement. Hydraulic hoses for steeeing and brakes are brittle or leaky. Rusted out brake calipers. Stuck/siezed spark plugs. These are several of many things to look into.

Getting stuck in the middle of nowhere with a 100k junk of someone is just a huge headache.

FOCUS

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    First sentence palang. hehehe. The suspension is good if its new, but we're in 2018. These models are extremely old. Suspension is probably shot or not working as intended.

Buying an old 100k vehicle will require another 50k-100k in repairs to bring it back to a safe working condition. Head gasket is already flaky [emoji848]. Piston rings? Ehem. Pan seals are leaking, Crank shaft seal is needing relacement. Hydraulic hoses for steeeing and brakes are brittle or leaky. Rusted out brake calipers. Stuck/siezed spark plugs. These are several of many things to look into.

Getting stuck in the middle of nowhere with a 100k junk of someone is just a huge headache.

FOCUS
    Bought a 2002 corolla altis (government service vehicle) for 160k last 2016.. although casa maintained (toyota manila bay) i still shelled out more than 100k to get it to tiptop condition..

Paint. Upholstery. Brakes. Bearings. Fluids. Shocks. Battery. Headlights. Stereo. Speakers. Were all changed

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast