New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    hello

Hope some one can clear my mind ..

i recently bought a car ( Toyota 4runner) imported almost 3rd owner na aku ....
    sabi hindi daw converted ,,,converted pala

Ang siste eh ganito

Nung hindi pa na tra transfer sa akin ang pangalan ...nasa akin pa ang CR at OR ng dating may ari ...stating a chassis number of XYZ123456 (sample)

nung nag renew at nagtransfer aku at stencil ng PNP -----YYY1223456 (first 4 letters lang ang naiba pero lahat ng number pareho) ang na stencil na chassis number pero ang engine eh pareho nung nasa rehistro at stencil ...

Ok lang ba yun ? kasi na TMG at PNP na pero CLEAR naman daw namam daw at walang records......

tapos hinahanap ang tax payment ..eh wala na daw makita ..tapos na transfer din sa akin ...

is there something i need to worry ?

is there a case na kapag na sita ka ng TMG o MMDA sa road eh titingnan pa ang nasa loob ng makina mu o stencil pa makina mu kung pareho?

sorry ..wala akung alam dito

salamat ...i need help on this

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you can file an affidavit with the LTO stating that the chassis number in the CR was a typographical error, but you must be sure that the engine number is the same in your CR and the one stamped on your engine block.

and regarding with the tax payment, ito ang magiging problem mo. the next time na mag renew ka ng registration mo sa LTO, baka hanapin nila ang proof of payment mo for all taxes and duties in connection with the importation of your vehicle, kahit hindi ikaw ang nagimport nyan. if wala kang maipakita, either you will be made to pay for the corresponding taxes and import duties, or your vehicle will be impounded.
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    you can file an affidavit with the LTO stating that the chassis number in the CR was a typographical error, but you must be sure that the engine number is the same in your CR and the one stamped on your engine block.

and regarding with the tax payment, ito ang magiging problem mo. the next time na mag renew ka ng registration mo sa LTO, baka hanapin nila ang proof of payment mo for all taxes and duties in connection with the importation of your vehicle, kahit hindi ikaw ang nagimport nyan. if wala kang maipakita, either you will be made to pay for the corresponding taxes and import duties, or your vehicle will be impounded.

Maraming salamat ....actually bagu transfer wala na daw ...NO RECORD ..kesyo nasunog daw yung LTO Office ....pinag prepare kami surety bond ...ok na daw yun ...
    lumusot naman ....pero panu next year ..ang sabi renew ku lang daw ..ok na yun..Kasi panganlan ku na daw ....tutoo ba yun?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Thanks for your reply ...in any case ..magkanu ba taxes nito?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i don't have any idea on how imported vehicles are taxed.

but i once heard the LTO's head, asec Lontoc, and the commissioner of customs over the radio na alam nilang underdeclared ang karamihan ng mga subic vehicles. and ang isa sa gagawin nilang paraan to recover the lost import duties of the vehicles is to ask the owners of these vehicles to present documents proving that they had paid the correct import duties when they renew their vehicle's registration. malamang sa january pa ito umpisahan since tapos na ang registration period for this year.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    thank you very much ....for your reply...

Stenciled Chassis Number is different from Certificate of Reg (CR)-----PLS HELP