New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd go with the Altis. The new design looks great. In fact I find it the best looking among the compact sedans currently available. Since the engine is carried over, it has been proven to be fuel efficient and reliable. The "taxi" reputation is actually a solid assurance to new buyers that this is indeed a reliable and efficient car.

Or, as mentioned you can consider getting a pickup. The rainy season is coming soon, along with the flashfloods that are expected to come with it. It is a good idea to get a taller vehicle. The Ranger and Strada are good picks.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

2. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Altis also for me..consider me biased but it has been our company car for the last ten years and it still running like it was delivered in the office parking lot. Of course it will need some tender loving care, you will never go wrong with it.

Also if a car is being used for taxi or fleet purposes it would only mean its more affordable to maintain and good enough for public use.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Hindi na masyadong ginagamit for taxi ang altis dba vios ang
    choice ing mga taxi operator.PNP ang gumagamit bagong altis ngayon.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    +1 on Altis. if annoyed with taxi branding, then get a different color. what color ba plano mo?

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by leodawesome View Post
    Side by side, Altis definitely has that more upscale look than the new city. Technically they are on different categories (City is a sub-compact, while the Altis is a compact sedan, which makes it bigger than the city). But the new city has a revamped interior space that matches, or even bigger than some compact sedans in the market.

I think you just need to see and feel them both in person and do a test drive to come to a conclusion.

Also, sedan lang ba talaga gusto mo? With a 1M budget and preference of M/T, haven't you considered getting a pickup? Sorry pampagulo lang.
    Believe me, I have considered Hilux and Strada before I finally decided for a sedan. Reason because lowest variant makukuha ko sa pickups (roll-up windows, etc etc -- haha!) with a 1M budget. Correct me if I am wrong, but this was what I came up with when I visited Toyota and Mitsubishi 5 months ago.

Definitely, if I can find another 400k, I wouldn't mind going straight for a Fortuner or a Monterosport. Haha!

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    +1 on Altis. if annoyed with taxi branding, then get a different color. what color ba plano mo?
    What would you suggest? In love ako sa black... Haha! Classy and luxurious looking kasi. But then, dilemma ko is that medyo mainit sa Pilipinas. Baka maging microwave yung kotse ko.

Your thoughts?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadeslayer View Post
    What would you suggest? In love ako sa black... Haha! Classy and luxurious looking kasi. But then, dilemma ko is that medyo mainit sa Pilipinas. Baka maging microwave yung kotse ko.
    color is personal preference eh so there is no right or wrong here. i prefer Gray Metallic or Red Mica Metallic naman.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadeslayer View Post
    Believe me, I have considered Hilux and Strada before I finally decided for a sedan. Reason because lowest variant makukuha ko sa pickups (roll-up windows, etc etc -- haha!) with a 1M budget. Correct me if I am wrong, but this was what I came up with when I visited Toyota and Mitsubishi 5 months ago.

Definitely, if I can find another 400k, I wouldn't mind going straight for a Fortuner or a Monterosport. Haha!
    You could get a Hilux E and a Strada GLX (they're not those super bare units, as in rolling windows, no airbags, etc.) for 990k++. Yung ibang Manual tranny na pickups magdadagdag ka na ng konti, 1M to 1.1M.

Yun nga lang, at 1M and a sedan, you can actually get a unit with alot of toys, close to top of the line already. Altis in black is DAMN.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Do you have any specific needs from a vehicle? That maybe the deciding factor.
    For example, my wife and I like to travel with friends or relatives in tow. We got an Innova over Avanza or a sedan.
    Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk 2

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The base model double cab variants of Strada and Ranger already have power amenities. The really bare ones are the single cab variants. Besides, you can already get the mid level manual variants.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12