The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    situation:
    a= Registered owner
    b= Second owner
    c= Me
    d=Buyer
    A sold his car to B with notarized deed of sale.
    B sold his car to C with open deed of sale with the amount indicated
    C sold his car to D but D wants to be the second owner and the amount changed.

Available docs are dos of A to B, photocopies of Id’s with signature of A and B. photocopy of id with signature of D.
    D has already signed on open dos.
    Now pwede kaya gawin yung gusto ni D? only C is available personally.
    Thanks po please enlighten me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    since A had complete documents, B and C did not do a transfer of ownership, pwede yung gusto ni D.
    kaya lang di ko makita ang essense na gusto nya na maging 2nd owner..... bakit? para di bumaba ang resale value pag binenta nya?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

since A had complete documents, B and C did not do a transfer of ownership, pwede yung gusto ni D.
    kaya lang di ko makita ang essense na gusto nya na maging 2nd owner..... bakit? para di bumaba ang resale value pag binenta nya?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Quote Originally Posted by step22 View Post
    situation:
    a= Registered owner
    b= Second owner
    c= Me
    d=Buyer

Available docs are dos of A to B, photocopies of Id’s with signature of A and B. photocopy of id with signature of D.
    according to a live interview of a ranking LTO official i saw years ago..
    multiple sale-and-transfers are allowed.
    but the caveat is on the last buyer. he must make sure he has the complete documents on each and every sale. all originals! no xerox copies. except the IDs, of course.
    last buyer has to present all these documents to LTO, and ownership can be transfered to his name.

but if last buyer just wants the car and to hell with the paper trail... it's his choice.
    ...pity the next buyer, if D does not ensure continuity of paper trail for next buyer E...

if i may suggest to the buyer... walk away. there are many other cars out there, that are in less potentially problematic situation.

but i am curious... there must be something wrong with that car... why is there a succession of buyers...? i can not believe they are all bayan sellers...
    Last edited by dr. d; September 3rd, 2015 at 10:49 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    If the 4th owner wants to be the 2nd owner in paper, you have to contact A to create a new notarized deed of sale. So, you will be asking him to do something wrong completely knowing that he is really not transferring ownership from A to D. Unless it is an open deed of sale but I am guessing no notary public will sign it without the names of vendor and vendee. I am guessing he wants to be the second owner in paper so that once he sells it, the next buyer thinks he is just the third owner

5. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    situation:
    a= Registered owner
    b= Second owner
    c= Me
    d=Buyer

kalokohan yong gusto ni D, iba naka sulat sa papel compared sa actual... ano yan para makapanloko eh pag dating sa LTO kita naman kung naging ilan na owners nyan

situation:
    a= Registered owner
    b= Second owner
    c= Me
    d=Buyer

kalokohan yong gusto ni D, iba naka sulat sa papel compared sa actual... ano yan para makapanloko eh pag dating sa LTO kita naman kung naging ilan na owners nyan

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post

LTO knows only what the owner wants it to know.
    if there was a sale, complete with notary, but LTO was not informed... in LTO's world, that car is still owned by A.
    if i have to guess... D is probably a bayan seller, and the less owners, the higher (daw!) the attractability of the car.
    problem is... if D has another deed of sale made between A and himself, bypassing B and C... and B or C used that car to make some unsavory activities at nagka-ipitan.. kay D babagsak ang akusa.. also, A knows he does not own the car he is selling for a second time! so why would A do that?

what about the notarized sale between A and B , and the non-notarized sale between B and C..? well... who asks and who checks?

if TS is none of A, B, C, or D... walk away.

kaya naman sa casa na lang ako bumibili, e...
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 4th, 2015 at 08:37 PM.