New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Thanks for all your advice nga pala in my other thread, where I asked if which was the better buy, a Fieldmaster or Patrol GU. I went with the FM :-).

So now I’ll daily drive the FM. My spouse will use our old 07 Altis, this thing is still in great shape, drives well, reasonably spacious and its taken us to faraway places na. I’m torn between keeping it and using it till it dies, or “upgrading” to a newer Wigo?

FB marketplace lists most Wigos as less than 350k. Is a newer Wigo really an upgrade to the 13 year old Altis? I’ve never ridden one kasi. But then I’m afraid of making the mistake of If It Aint Broke Why Fix It? What will I be missing out on if I sell the old battle axe and get the newer but smaller car?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Stay with your altis..

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Where's the doc? I believe he has both.

IMHO, keep the Altis. Class difference is too big. Though I might consider getting a newer Altis. A relative recently got a 2013 Altis G for 350k. Very satisfied.

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    Thanks for all your advice nga pala in my other thread, where I asked if which was the better buy, a Fieldmaster or Patrol GU. I went with the FM :-).

So now I’ll daily drive the FM. My spouse will use our old 07 Altis, this thing is still in great shape, drives well, reasonably spacious and its taken us to faraway places na. I’m torn between keeping it and using it till it dies, or “upgrading” to a newer Wigo?

FB marketplace lists most Wigos as less than 350k. Is a newer Wigo really an upgrade to the 13 year old Altis? I’ve never ridden one kasi. But then I’m afraid of making the mistake of If It Aint Broke Why Fix It? What will I be missing out on if I sell the old battle axe and get the newer but smaller car?
    yes, i have a 2003 altis, and a 2014 wigo. both are AT.
    i bought them on impulse.

the wigo is relatively frugal on gas, and because it is small, it is easy to maneuver around tight spots.
    the wigo is a city car. it is "fun to drive". parang bump car lang. kasing tagtag rin. i would not recommend it for long drive or expressway drive.
    the front seats are a bit cramped sideways, but leg space is adequate.
    the rear seats are adequate.
    the driver and passenger discomfort become more evident on long rides.

compared to the wigo, the altis is a superior ride. comfortable, smooth, and hindi matagtag.
    the driver seat is a bit cramped, if you are as big as me. but the rest of the seating for the other passengers is comfortable enough.

if i have to choose, i'd choose to drive the altis, more. it is simply the more comfortable car. medyo mas malakas lang nga sa gas (8 km/li versus wigo's 10 km/li, city driving).

knowing what i know now,
    i'd hang on to the altis, until it becomes too hassle and too expensive to repair.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 12th, 2020 at 12:31 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Is a newer Wigo really an upgrade to the 13 year old Altis?
    Nope. Honestly a downgrade. Keep the Altis, sir.Sell off 2007 Altis to buy 2018 Wigo?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006

Definitely a downgrade. Keep the Altis, at least as a second car. I've driven these superminis, and coming from a 1.5L and 2.2L cars, exaggeration aside, mapapa-OMG "where did the horses go?" ka.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Keep the Altis. The ergonomics and NVH of the Wigo and Mirage are crap even when compared to 90s cars like the EK Civic and Lancers.

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Mucj better if you can find a Vios 2014 onwards

Sent from my SM-A507FN using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Haven't driven both cars...

Pero the Altis as you mentioned is 13 years old already... 5 years from now, mag-debut na...

The Wigo, although newer... is the lowest car in Toyota's local line-up...

Would have been easier for me to choose if it was Altis or Vios/City (even maybe a Mirage)

So you're driving a Pajero... Tapos on the stoplight pauwi ng house, nakasabay mo si misis driving either a 13 year old car... or a Wigo...

I normally vote for the newer car... pero honestly, I'd keep the Altis for 2 more years max... Then replace it later when additional funds are available to replace it with a better car.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Company car namin 2005 Altis, the same gen as your 2007 model and some Wigos.

I agree with Dr. d that the wigo is quite fun to drive around the city but it doesn't inspire confidence sa expressways.

For durability, wala pang major repair yung altis namin; mostly wear and tear parts replacement lang.

Also, i think that gen altis is aging quite gracefully compared to its competition from other brands.

I vote to keep the altis.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast