New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Finger View Post
    Hi guys, am looking at buying a 2nd hand car for coding and was thinking of getting a "fun" car... At first was looking at getting a Miata but upon browsing here I read that Z3's are selling for 600-700... Any opinions on both cars especially on the maintenance side? For the Z3 would I be limited to BMW casa which would be quite expensive?
    Old Miatas? Old Z3s? Bah. Just get a Jazz or MT-Civic.

I'm practical to say the least. But when it isn't a Sunday car, practicality is king.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    with the money, how about a diesel accent?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'd rather take a MIata to the racetrack than a Z3. But unless you can find a rare imported NB, you're stuck with the local NAs, which had all of 90 horsepower (when new) and are all pretty old and banged up at this point. At least you can buy one for 200k less than a Z3.

For 600-700k, you can get something more exciting than a Z3. If you're lucky, you can find a cherry condition local 200SX. Which rides better, has more space, has more power and is just more fun.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    If you're lucky, you can find a cherry condition local 200SX. Which rides better, has more space, has more power and is just more fun.
    And that's a really big IF.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Buy a Lynx RS, Civic 2.0, Focus TDCi, older Subaru Impreza STi or Subaru Impreza RS

Reliable, Fun to drive, Affordable, Easy to maintain, Fast and will give you 80% less headaches than both your choices.

Spend the rest of the money for mods.

The Z3 is an ugly car. Mukhang ipis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Buy what you love as long as you have the time and the means to maintain it in roadworthy condition. . Kahit Fiat Uno or Land Rover pa iyan. Hehe

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Hmm. Z3 or a Miata.

Two seemingly similar cars yet very different.

BMW Z3
    Pros:
    - It has the badge that goes with the looks (the looks being questionable to some)
    - More power and torque than the Miata obviously
    Cons:
    - Expensive repairs and parts
    - You'd be surprised European cars break down easily as well (from experience)
    - You'd be more worried about your car being stolen
    - Not the best car to drive in the city overcrowded with buses, trucks and jeepneys larger than you
    - Kind of a douchebag status (Refer to Top Gear)

Miata
    Pros:
    - Light, compact and overall fun to drive
    - That chassis and suspension!
    - Really cute if you're a girl
    - Its Mazda, reliability wouldn't be a problem
    Cons:
    - Wouldn't look to good if you're a guy
    - Not a lot of power and torque
    - Not the best car to drive in the city overcrowded with buses, trucks and jeepneys larger than you

With that being said, I have no idea what car to suggest to you. It looks like you're looking for roadsters so may I suggest a MR2, or a Honda Del Sol, um the Mini Cooper? I'm coming up blank so I'll leave the other posters for the suggestions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Second car for coding... Z3 or Miata