New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Hi guys,

I'm searching for the 05' - 06' Honda City A/T and I hope you can help me with my queries :

1. Is it still affected by the CVT transmission issues?
    2. Does it also have 8 spark plugs? I have read somewhere that these models have 8 spark plugs installed instead of 4.
    3. What are the things that I should look out for when checking the unit out?

The car will be primarily used for daily transportation from my place to the office and back. Around 40 kms daily.

Hope you guys can help me. Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by r1chm0nd View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm searching for the 05' - 06' Honda City A/T and I hope you can help me with my queries :

1. Is it still affected by the CVT transmission issues?
    2. Does it also have 8 spark plugs? I have read somewhere that these models have 8 spark plugs installed instead of 4.
    3. What are the things that I should look out for when checking the unit out?

The car will be primarily used for daily transportation from my place to the office and back. Around 40 kms daily.

Hope you guys can help me. Thanks in advance!
    1. Yes, these still feature the CVT
    2. AFAIK only the 1.3iDSI models have 8 spark plugs, not so with the 1.5VTEC models
    3. well, the usual I suppose like if it was flooded, car condition, etc.

It'll be best if you get a 1.5VTEC M/T variant. Though if you take really, really good care of a CVT unit, it should still be able to give you years of worry free service, with excellent fuel economy to boot.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    1. Yes, these still feature the CVT
    2. AFAIK only the 1.3iDSI models have 8 spark plugs, not so with the 1.5VTEC models
    3. well, the usual I suppose like if it was flooded, car condition, etc.

It'll be best if you get a 1.5VTEC M/T variant. Though if you take really, really good care of a CVT unit, it should still be able to give you years of worry free service, with excellent fuel economy to boot.
    Hi Sir GTi,

Can you elaborate on what's the issue with the CVT?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hi Sir GTi,

I'm not very familiar with it but as far as I know, it has something to do with premature breakdown since Honda has not yet perfected the technology. There have been quite a few cases of transmission replacements and CVTs ain't cheap. You can check out the Honda threads for more information about this.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi Sir GTi,

There's a related thread to this: http://tsikot.com/forums/honda-cars-...cedures-48625/ and if you search, there's also a thread on CVT problems i think.

My sister's Jazz (2007 model, 1.3 CVT) has been experiencing some drag when accelerating from a standstill.

Searching for 05'-06' Honda City. Please Help!