New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

Only did 160 kph with the MUX, though it probably only had about 10-20 kph left before running out of steam. It does fine anywhere between 0-120 as long as you're in boost, even on a full load. For 95% of drivers, the RZ4E would be more than adequate.

Not as much oomph as the 3.0 LSA or Montero but the torque makes quick work of overtaking and uphills. Kinda sluggish below boost (1.5k rpm) but all small-displacement turbos are like that.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    I remembered one time in SCTEX that I encountered an MU-X 3.0L. It seems to lose steam past 160kmh. It was doing around 130-140 kmh when I passed it and then it tried to give chase but it did not go past 160kmh. Maybe in your hands it will try to push it faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post

Storage space is the only problem I have with the CR-V. We're not a family that can pack light.

CUV packaging, ride and handling are definitely a step up from any PPV. It's just that PPVs provide midsize space at compact CUV FC and prices.

I'd probably go for the CX-8 if it had the Skyactive diesel. Would make a fun yet practical family car.
    How about the Sorento 4x2? It is decently priced around 1.8M+. It drives better than any of those PPVs plus it has enough oomph with its 2.2L CRDi engine.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I remembered one time in SCTEX that I encountered an MU-X 3.0L. It seems to lose steam past 160kmh. It was doing around 130-140 kmh when I passed it and then it tried to give chase but it did not go past 160kmh. Maybe in your hands it will try to push it faster.
    May nakasabay na ko MUX 3.0 doing about 180 before on TPLEX. That 3.0 is a good engine - quick, frugal, reliable.

How about the Sorento 4x2? It is decently priced around 1.8M+. It drives better than any of those PPVs plus it has enough oomph with its 2.2L CRDi engine.
    Walang kadating-dating yung Sorento. But that's just me.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    May nakasabay na ko MUX 3.0 doing about 180 before on TPLEX. That 3.0 is a good engine - quick, frugal, reliable.

Walang kadating-dating yung Sorento. But that's just me.

The Everest is also good up to 180kmh, as most would say.

Boxy SUVs do look boring (tulad ng FXT ko). If you look beyond its skin and check its capabilities, it is a good buy unless you want to spend 500k more to buy its curvier twin, the Santa Fe.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Everest is also good up to 180kmh, as most would say.

Boxy SUVs do look boring (tulad ng FXT ko). If you look beyond its skin and check its capabilities, it is a good buy unless you want to spend 500k more to buy its curvier twin, the Santa Fe.

Yeah my old Ranger topped out at 175 kph. Big slab-faced grille really hurts aero so even with more horsepower, there's not much left.

More than the boxy shape (which I really love on the FXT), the Sorento looks like a raised Carnival/Carens instead of a proper SUV. Something about its front airdam and the long D-pillar. Santa Fe looks much better for sure but it's expensive for what you get.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Agree with jut. The Sorento looks are a bit bland. I'd argue the similar looking stablemate the Grand Carnival even looks better.

The Santa Fe is nice but expensive and still has less storage than the Terra.

I'm sure that current offerings of Hyundai/Kia are a lot better than the last gen but given my bad experience in the past (Starex, Santa Fe, Tucson) I just can't bring myself to get another car from those brands.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Both were my choices before ako kumuha nang iba.

ganda pareho. depende na lang kung saan gagamitin.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    i was also faced with the same dilemma HAHAHA both me and my mom wanted the Innova Touring Sport kasi complete yung features niya unlike nsa MU-X LS na base model. Though we ended up with the MU-X dahil much more convenient samin since SUV type siya and mas mataas yung height clearance niya really made for Off road vs Innova na family car talaga (secretly i was trying to convince my mom and dad to just buy the Ssangyong Tivoli XLV since SUV type naman din siya and at the price of 1M complete features at may Seat ventilation pa!! Di na maiitinan butt ko HAHAHAHA!!). And my bayaw convinced to just get the base model instead of shelling out another 300k for the added features na power tailgate, power side mirrors etc he said in the end pag nasira yun dadag gastos lang vs manual, he convinced me to just use the 300k on Rhino Wheels, Offroad X bumper and rear bumper and other Offroad kits.

Yung choice talaga is on the buyer eh kung ano ba talaga yung priority mo do you need the 8 seats? do you need the height clearance kasi yung area mo flood prone area? Is the car going to be a family car? etc.

i ended up liking the MU-X kasi yung knee room niya on both 2nd and 3rd rows are good according sa mga taong sinakay ko coming from a Fortuner. Though yung problem ng MU-X is yung storage capacity sa likod kapag may 3rd seats mag papalagay ka talaga ng roof rack and basket if marami kang ikakarga. Kami naman ng Family ko tatlo lang kami so we dont need the space mahilig lang kasi talaga mom ko umuwi ng province kaya off roading talaga purpose nung MU-X namin.

I think everyone agrees that the price for 1.3M na sobrang barebones is too much thanks train law! (yes in the end alam ko sa atin naman din mapupunta yung tax sa train law)

Innova is great if marami kang planong isakay during your family outings and for older relatives para hindi sila hirap sumakay and yung mga roads na dadaanan mo or yung area mo is not flood prone.

MU-X is also great pero limited to 7 seats and low storage when full with passengers unless you invest on a roof rack. No worries for challenging terrains when traveling

i got the MU-X 2020 btw i think wala silang difference ng 2019, fuel consumption i can't comment right now di ko pa kasi masyado binibigyan ng pansin eh though kasi diesel siya tipid naman.

8. Join Date
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jigeloh View Post
    Add mo montero gls AT sa options mo. Less truck like, more tech at near cross over like ride. Price halos magkalapit lang sa laki ng discount
    This was my first choice, kaso the price is almost 1.8M is way too high for me. And I cant find a good promo that youre talking about. Meron nga less 200k++ pero inhouse financing at taga sa M.A.
    If you can recommend an agent to me, that will be great.

Quote Originally Posted by orangeish08 View Post
    i was also faced with the same dilemma HAHAHA both me and my mom wanted the Innova Touring Sport kasi complete yung features niya unlike nsa MU-X LS na base model. Though we ended up with the MU-X dahil much more convenient samin since SUV type siya and mas mataas yung height clearance niya really made for Off road vs Innova na family car talaga (secretly i was trying to convince my mom and dad to just buy the Ssangyong Tivoli XLV since SUV type naman din siya and at the price of 1M complete features at may Seat ventilation pa!! Di na maiitinan butt ko HAHAHAHA!!). And my bayaw convinced to just get the base model instead of shelling out another 300k for the added features na power tailgate, power side mirrors etc he said in the end pag nasira yun dadag gastos lang vs manual, he convinced me to just use the 300k on Rhino Wheels, Offroad X bumper and rear bumper and other Offroad kits.

Yung choice talaga is on the buyer eh kung ano ba talaga yung priority mo do you need the 8 seats? do you need the height clearance kasi yung area mo flood prone area? Is the car going to be a family car? etc.

i ended up liking the MU-X kasi yung knee room niya on both 2nd and 3rd rows are good according sa mga taong sinakay ko coming from a Fortuner. Though yung problem ng MU-X is yung storage capacity sa likod kapag may 3rd seats mag papalagay ka talaga ng roof rack and basket if marami kang ikakarga. Kami naman ng Family ko tatlo lang kami so we dont need the space mahilig lang kasi talaga mom ko umuwi ng province kaya off roading talaga purpose nung MU-X namin.

I think everyone agrees that the price for 1.3M na sobrang barebones is too much thanks train law! (yes in the end alam ko sa atin naman din mapupunta yung tax sa train law)

Innova is great if marami kang planong isakay during your family outings and for older relatives para hindi sila hirap sumakay and yung mga roads na dadaanan mo or yung area mo is not flood prone.

MU-X is also great pero limited to 7 seats and low storage when full with passengers unless you invest on a roof rack. No worries for challenging terrains when traveling

i got the MU-X 2020 btw i think wala silang difference ng 2019, fuel consumption i can't comment right now di ko pa kasi masyado binibigyan ng pansin eh though kasi diesel siya tipid naman.
    Magkano kuha mo sa mu-x and meron ba good promo sila ngayon?

We own a 2010 vios and we're planning to trade it in para less din sa tcp. Kaso pang toyota lang if ever... kaya naghahanap din ako ng other manufacturer na meron big cash discount

9. Join Date
    Sep 2014

k

Well, napansin mo na pala. Sikreto ko yan eh di ko na gano pinagsasabi. the MuX can be very quick, as quick as diesel crossover.

Pero ang talaga gusto ko sa kanya, underdog dark horse sya talaga. Best left unnoticed hihi

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Well, napansin mo na pala. Sikreto ko yan eh di ko na gano pinagsasabi. the MuX can be very quick, as quick as diesel crossover.

Pero ang talaga gusto ko sa kanya, underdog dark horse sya talaga. Best left unnoticed hihi
    I've always been vocal that the MUX has a very good engine but very crude everything else.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast