New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Tatra, grabe naman yung kakilala mo, nakikisakay na lang eh, namili pa. hehe.

At least ikaw may kotse, sya wala. Yung mga mahilig kasi mang-asar kadalasan wala lang pambili yun kahit ng 2nd hand.
    Horsepower...you said it right. Siya na nga ang nakikisakay namili pa. Actually may iba pa akong auto kaso nagkataon lang na KIA ang nadala ko nun. Kaya as I've said the car is a real blessing to me kasi it even detected that I had a fake friend. That so called friend was a girl. I won't wonder why she's still single up to now kasi she gauges the guys w/ what rides they drive...Sabi niya before that she has a Range Rover...okay nasaan na yun, aber? Wala naman maipakita...so malamang commuter siya at puro yabang lang.

In my case when I got married, my husband's 1st car was a Toyota Corolla 1976 model. Mura lang nun namin nabili..P35k lang. I didn't complain of his ride. What mattered to me was it could bring us to point A to point B. Pero syempre we sold it already. Resale Value noon ( 1999 ) was P40k. Tumubo pa kami ( hehehe ).

Anyway, I am still keeping my Kia Pride kasi it's still useful lalo sa mga Plastic friends . Kayo you try esp for the single guys. At least you'll know what type of girl you're dating w/ just what ride you have..basta huwag lang ninyo ipagtulak yong girl ha..sobra na yon !

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    meron ako di-nate dati mas matanda sa'kin working as receptionist sa Galleria Suites now Holiday Inn. I was in college that time. dinadalhan ko pa ng chocolates after school

grabe nilait ng husto Suzuki samurai ko. yun tipong asar na asar sya pag baba sya pag sasakay na yun friend ko and his date (2 door and double date kasi kami noon eh).
    sumisimangot pag nalulubak kasi sobra tagtag ng Samurai. tapos when in traffic, she'll brag about her brother's Mitsubishi Lancer, how soft the ride is and all that stuff. ohmigosh shes so cute and cuddly ... kungdi lang masikip sa loob ng samurai, si-nidekick ko na yun eh

kung alam lang niya noon first year ko sa La Salle naka-owner lang ako, natanggalan pa nga ako ng trapal na bubong sa isang date eh. umuwi ako nag-drive at the same time hawak trapal tapos kambyo, hirap sobra!

pero yun La Salista ka-date ko, hindi naman ako nilait ng ganun. pero sya grabe talaga ... sana sinabi ko na lang may bigote sya eh (mabalahibo kasi)
    Old Blue at least you know what type of girl yong receptionist..
    In my case if I was a guy, I won't court that so called friend kasi hindi ako sasamahan until my worst days... Kaya kayo mga guys ingat w/ the girls that you date...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    meron ako di-nate dati mas matanda sa'kin working as receptionist sa Galleria Suites now Holiday Inn. I was in college that time. dinadalhan ko pa ng chocolates after school

grabe nilait ng husto Suzuki samurai ko. yun tipong asar na asar sya pag baba sya pag sasakay na yun friend ko and his date (2 door and double date kasi kami noon eh).
    sumisimangot pag nalulubak kasi sobra tagtag ng Samurai. tapos when in traffic, she'll brag about her brother's Mitsubishi Lancer, how soft the ride is and all that stuff. ohmigosh shes so cute and cuddly ... kungdi lang masikip sa loob ng samurai, si-nidekick ko na yun eh

kung alam lang niya noon first year ko sa La Salle naka-owner lang ako, natanggalan pa nga ako ng trapal na bubong sa isang date eh. umuwi ako nag-drive at the same time hawak trapal tapos kambyo, hirap sobra!

pero yun La Salista ka-date ko, hindi naman ako nilait ng ganun. pero sya grabe talaga ... sana sinabi ko na lang may bigote sya eh (mabalahibo kasi)
    Pag nakita mo sha ngayon, wag mo pasasakayin sa Santa Fe

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatra View Post
    Horsepower...you said it right. Siya na nga ang nakikisakay namili pa. Actually may iba pa akong auto kaso nagkataon lang na KIA ang nadala ko nun. Kaya as I've said the car is a real blessing to me kasi it even detected that I had a fake friend. That so called friend was a girl. I won't wonder why she's still single up to now kasi she gauges the guys w/ what rides they drive...Sabi niya before that she has a Range Rover...okay nasaan na yun, aber? Wala naman maipakita...so malamang commuter siya at puro yabang lang.

In my case when I got married, my husband's 1st car was a Toyota Corolla 1976 model. Mura lang nun namin nabili..P35k lang. I didn't complain of his ride. What mattered to me was it could bring us to point A to point B. Pero syempre we sold it already. Resale Value noon ( 1999 ) was P40k. Tumubo pa kami ( hehehe ).

Anyway, I am still keeping my Kia Pride kasi it's still useful lalo sa mga Plastic friends . Kayo you try esp for the single guys. At least you'll know what type of girl you're dating w/ just what ride you have..basta huwag lang ninyo ipagtulak yong girl ha..sobra na yon !

Crazy girl. Everybody knows you have to check out the shoes -- not just if they're expensive, but that they're both 'in' and fashionably worn out.

Haha. Dati car ko nga 10-year old mitsu colt with tons of kms on it and no AC (pero may fan at nice sounds). I loved that car -- it never let me down, though takot ako i-long drive siya. hehe.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ok lang yun.. Ung mga girls na ganun pang drive-inn lng hahahahaha

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatra View Post
    Kayo you try esp for the single guys. At least you'll know what type of girl you're dating w/ just what ride you have..basta huwag lang ninyo ipagtulak yong girl ha..sobra na yon !
    hehe i used to do this back when I was single. when I courted girls i would use our old '83 hilux pickup. it still looked decent but it was obviously old. and I used it quite a bit on dates and stuff. but one time (the girl was my gf already then) we were gonna watch a movie and my mom used the hilux to pickup some flowers from guiguinto, so I had no choice but to use my real car. Imagine my gf's surprise when I rolled up in a w201 which was quite rare at that time (i was the first one to have it in our town back then)

even when I worked in makati a couple years ago, some of my office mates probly knew i had a benz and a few other cars. one time i brought our kia pride to work because my car was coding, one of my office mates saw it and said "kia? kia lang pala kotse mo eh"

sorry sa ot hehe.. anyway nag reply na ko previously sa topic.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    haaay, girls talaga..mga naging gf ko, mostly, ayaw ng nagko commute..may isa nman girl na, kahit mag jeep, lrt or kahit maglakad lang kami, no prob sa kanya, sad thing is, M.U. lang kami coz may BF na cya ...hirap na makahanap ng girl nowadays na magkakasya sa kung anong meron ka..

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by siat69 View Post
    haaay, girls talaga..mga naging gf ko, mostly, ayaw ng nagko commute..may isa nman girl na, kahit mag jeep, lrt or kahit maglakad lang kami, no prob sa kanya, sad thing is, M.U. lang kami coz may BF na cya ...hirap na makahanap ng girl nowadays na magkakasya sa kung anong meron ka..
    I guess i'm lucky with my girl then. Kahit Bus, Jeep, LRT, MRT ok lang sa kanya. When we first met, pareho kaming wala pang driver's license. :-)

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    OT
    My wife grew up commuting. I'm sure many Pinays still do. She don't care much for cars. My ex-fiancee (before my wife) had a then new Camaro Z-28 IROC-Z (245hp 5.7L V8) while I had a 4-cyl 55 hp Nisssan Pulsar and pockmarked by hail damage. She didn't care if she had the quicker, more expensive car. Whenever I took her out, we used my car. The only time she raised a fuss with my car was the time she caught a whiff of half-digested dog food. My rott had barfed on the floor earlier and I missed a spot while cleaning up the mess. She helped me pick out a good carpet cleaner and even helped me scrub the barf away.

Back to topic
    I can see where people would want the most money when they sell their used car, esp so if they like to change cars at a regular basis. I can also see where people wouldn't care about resale value. Of course, I'm one such person. I keep my cars until they don't run anymore. The only exception was our old Dodge Grand Caravan. But, even that we kept for 9 years.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 23rd, 2007 at 12:23 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    i have my experience on this as well

i used to drive a honda hb, bought bnew at 295k in 94, in 2007 i thought of selling it sold it at 180k all stock, basic model. then bought my self a 98 city 4dr lxi mt, ok din naman simple lang.. i added just 10k for it kc 190k ko binili then maganda pa condition, so bwas maintenance.

next when i was younger we had, and drove for a toyota (BIG Body) corolla EX (ung basic model na mt, and black bumper pa) its a bit underpowered and lacks the features, then there was a time nagka liteace kami (mt) i forgot the specific model, pero madaming nagiging sira un na ke bago bago, from casa.

me binili ako pang harabas na fiat last year, tinry ko irevive ok naman very useful panghakot ko ng mga gamit na di pwede sa sedan. pero nagsara na finally ung fmc, e ung trusted mechanic ko mahirap na din sympre matawag, and parts will be scarcier later on.. so i sold it na palugi. parang pinamigay ko na lang, then now just bought an optra 1.6lt at ok naman kasi bawas problem sa maintenance.

ung toyota i think overrated, me mga lemon din sila, ung honda maganda pero wag lang masira ng major kasi mahal din talaga, ung fiat maganda pero ibenta ko na kasi wala ng aftersales service and parts support, ung chevrolet maganda pa naman kasi ok naman service and parts.

i think ang basehan ko lang ng pagbenta o pagbili e service and parts availability, performance and reliability. Once naluma na sya and di na mahanapan ng parts, di na magawa ng casa, o nagsara na ung distributor sa pilipinas like proton or some fly by nite china brands, indian brands, old mazda models, (tata), italian (alfa). time to move on na.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
Is resale value really that important?