New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Need you opinion, im selling my car. I have checked the LTO website and the procedure below for transfer of ownership

Transfer Of Ownership - Plain Transfer of Ownership For Private Vehicles

Documents Required
    1. Original Certificate of Registration (CR) and latest original Official Receipt (OR) of payment
    2. Original Deed of Sale of the Motor Vehicle
    3. Clearance from Philippine National Police-Traffic Management Group (PNP-TMG)
    4. Endorsement from the Insurance Company to the New Owner
    5. Actual inspection of MV with duly accomplished MVIR [Download this form here]
    6. Confirmation of CR/OR (Cir-91-137) if issued by other LTO Agency
    7. Taxpayer's Identification Number (TIN)

Items 1 - responsible of the seller
    Items 2 - responsible of the seller/buyer
    Items 5 to 7 - responsible of the buyer

I would like to know who is responsible for items 3 & 4?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    If you are a 2nd hand car owner na nagbebenta (meaning 3rd owner na ung bibili), you do the buyer a big favor kung ung CR e nasa pangalan mo na and registered preferrably within Metro Manila. Hirap kase sa 3rd buyer kung ung CR e nasa pangalan pa nung original owner tapos outside Metro Manila pa nakaregister.

For item # 3, usually kelangan lang to kapag nagpachange ownership ka. Pero siguro for the sake of the buyer na alam nya hindi carnapped ung bibilin nya, the seller can do that.

For item # 4 naman, I think responsibility yan nung original owner if I am correct. Yan ata ung dahilan bakit may tatak na 'ENCUMBERED' ung CR? Not sure though.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Tamad
    Need you opinion, im selling my car. I have checked the LTO website and the procedure below for transfer of ownership

Documents Required

3. Clearance from Philippine National Police-Traffic Management Group (PNP-TMG) (Buyer/Vendee does this, and all paperwork)
    4. Endorsement from the Insurance Company to the New Owner (Buyer does the paperwork, with endorsement of seller)

There's a new requirement for Deeds of Sale from the BIR. Both Buyer and Seller have to provide their TIN. Also a valid ID, besides the Driver's License is required.

Just bought a 2nd hand car a few months ago for my sister. But due to katamaran, I gave all documents (OR/CR, Deed of Sale) with P2,500 to some LTO guys, and after 4 days, the car was transferred to the new owner.

I also register my car that way, iwanan lang ang documents, pera na may konting panglagay at balikan kinabukasan. I etch lang nila. Sticker na at rehistro the next day, wala nang emission tests.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Tamad

Documents Required
    1. Original Certificate of Registration (CR) and latest original Official Receipt (OR) of payment
    2. Original Deed of Sale of the Motor Vehicle
    3. Clearance from Philippine National Police-Traffic Management Group (PNP-TMG)
    4. Endorsement from the Insurance Company to the New Owner
    5. Actual inspection of MV with duly accomplished MVIR [Download this form here]
    6. Confirmation of CR/OR (Cir-91-137) if issued by other LTO Agency

Items 1 - responsible of the seller
    Items 2 - responsible of the seller/buyer
    Items 5 to 7 - responsible of the buyer

nung nagpa-insure ako tinanong ako nung agent kung gusto ko daw me endorsement (of course dagdag bayad) sinabi ko na lang wag na lang, eto kaya yung binabanggit sa item #4?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Tanong ko lang ngayon lang kasi ako magbebenta uli ng kotse.

Bale 2nd owner na ako and Im selling this car na hindi naitransfer sa name ko yung unit.

Pag ibebenta ko ba isasama ko yung deed of sale namin ng first owner together ng deed of sale namin ng buyer? puwede ba yun? Ang alam ko kasi yung iba binibigyan ng blank deed of sale ng seller na may pirma nila.

Thanks.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Buyer will require you a deed of sale from the previous owner to you and you need to execute a deed of sale from you to your buyer. You should keep a copy of both documents.
    On safer side you must require your buyer to transfer the LTO registration to his name.
    Just in case any accident happen you will not be liable or the previous owner.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    hello! hope it's ok to add to this thread instead of making a new one since it covers the same concern. We recently bought an A/T car so now we're preparing the sale of our M/T. Upon sale, we would like the buyer bear the burden of the paperwork/transfer. Regarding the order of documents turnover, how should this go: we would want to get fully paid before we hand over the original OR/CR and the car itself to the buyer, right? But understandably, the buyer would want to have the car verified clean at PNP TMG and would need the original documents-- which should go first? Sorry for the newb question.

Since i'm getting advice, i'll add these na rin:

1. This 10 y/o Corolla is in very good condition, I just find it not comfortable to use (M/T) after I had a knee injury. I am not mechanically inclined (at all!), medyo clueless when it comes to personally tinkering with it, with that said and considering how old the car is, I do find it a bit of a loss to sell it for below 300k. I was wondering if it's worth keeping as a backup car (used rarely most likely, 2x a month?) and just to have it serviced by shops-- will it last another 10 years? cost wise, sulit ba? (baka by the 12-15th years, major works have to be done to it?)

2. if we do sell it, is it better to replace what needs to be routine replaced? (ie belts, boots), or just discount the cost to the selling price and let the buyer take care of it themselves and be assured that those are indeed new?

thanks for any advice!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell View Post
    Buyer will require you a deed of sale from the previous owner to you and you need to execute a deed of sale from you to your buyer. You should keep a copy of both documents.
    On safer side you must require your buyer to transfer the LTO registration to his name.
    Just in case any accident happen you will not be liable or the previous owner.
    Pano pala yung pag notarize ng deed of sale? Sabay kami pupunta ng buyer sa notary?

OR I will print 4 copies and have it signed tapos keep one copy for myself then the rest I will turnover to the buyer so he can have it notarized. Ang concern ko lang, wala akong guarantee na ibabalik niya sakin yung notarized copy.

OR print ako 6 copies tapos tig 3 copies kami at kanya kanya kami ng pa notarize? hehehe

This is my first time to sell a car kasi and I want to take the conservative approach.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Pano pala yung pag notarize ng deed of sale? Sabay kami pupunta ng buyer sa notary?

OR I will print 4 copies and have it signed tapos keep one copy for myself then the rest I will turnover to the buyer so he can have it notarized. Ang concern ko lang, wala akong guarantee na ibabalik niya sakin yung notarized copy.

OR print ako 6 copies tapos tig 3 copies kami at kanya kanya kami ng pa notarize? hehehe

This is my first time to sell a car kasi and I want to take the conservative approach.

Same question.

First time selling our car.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post

Same question.

First time selling our car.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Requirements when selling a car