New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if post-er really has no preference or intended specific use,
    without much ado, i'd recommend a diesel innova.
    hindi masochistic minicar... functional ang disenyo... matibay ang pagka-gawa... diesel! (mura fuel)... at madaling i-maintain, dahil it's among toyota's most popular products.
    the older ones are asking for less than 500 K...
    if the previous owner took reasonable care of it, i am confident new owner won't spend much in fixing it up.
    Plus the fact that she lives in Baguio a torqey diesel is better suited for up and down mountain roads than a gasoline engine. Lalo na yung mga maliliit na engines ng mirage or wigo, or worse the torque-less engine of a honda jazz (or any honda!), e panay high rev ng mga yun pag paakyat. Those engines will be needing overhauls in short order due to high revving conditions. Pag diesel di ka magha-high rev managing those roads of baguio. Basta alaga lang sa change oil tatagal yan.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Plus the fact that she lives in Baguio a torqey diesel is better suited for up and down mountain roads than a gasoline engine. Lalo na yung mga maliliit na engines ng mirage or wigo, or worse the torque-less engine of a honda jazz (or any honda!), e panay high rev ng mga yun pag paakyat. Those engines will be needing overhauls in short order due to high revving conditions. Pag diesel di ka magha-high rev managing those roads of baguio. Basta alaga lang sa change oil tatagal yan.
    many years ago,
    there was this very hill-y resort down in south of manila
    their service vehicles to ferry guests from the cottages to the activity areas, were fieras. ang-bibilis magpatakbo!
    i asked the driver, how the fiera was.
    "ok naman po. but we have to fix the transmission regularly, like every several months or so."

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    many years ago,
    there was this very hill-y resort down in south of manila
    their service vehicles to ferry guests from the cottages to the activity areas, were fieras. ang-bibilis magpatakbo!
    i asked the driver, how the fiera was.
    "ok naman po. but we have to fix the transmission regularly, like every several months or so."
    But fieras are fords.

I've had a ford once, never will again.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    But fieras are fords.

I've had a ford once, never will again.
    my first car was also a ford.
    nevair again, too.
    but my ford never gave me transmission issues.

diesel is probably post-er's better choice.
    torque.. matibay..
    i'd get one if i were me, even if it will need more money to get.
    it'll probably pay dividends later, in terms of less maintenance woes.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 20th, 2020 at 11:01 AM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    based on experience, i haven't really needed to revv that hard when driving in Baguio, aside from when coming in/going out of the city (Marcos Highway/Kennon Road). All our cars are gas

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    No issues naman driving ko going up Kennon using a torque-less Honda City 1.5L. I guess a bigger Honda like a Civic or Accord will do much better. Kennon is not that demanding of a drive.

The last times I went up to Baguio I used turbo gas cars. It was so much better! The Fiesta Ecoboost is so much fun to drive in twisty roads. The FXT is also the same. Even better was that the X-mode AWD of the FXT came handy when we passed thru a muddy stretch of road that jeepneys and trucks were not able to cross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Ang issue ko yun ibang parts sa baguio city mismo. may mga nadaanan ako matarik tapos trarffic pa

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Madami po nakawigo, picanto at mirage po dito. May mga eon din. Di ko alam lng paano nakakaakyat ng mataas. [emoji28] Madami po daan dito na matarik, swerte lang po ako at hindi matarik sa amin.

Sent from my RMX1971 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Haha lika na po! [emoji23]

10. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    May mga gas model po ako nakta na innova, ok lang po yun? Di pa po kaya ung diesel na innova.

Hndi po ba ako mhhrapan pag mas malaki na sasakyan? Natatakot po kasi ako. [emoji28]

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast