New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Ok guys, when were doing our car shopping without these two aforementioned brands on our lists and ask some help from our officemate, your high school buddy, or your parents, they suddenly mention one of them or both.

To the main question, what are your reasons for not considering Toyota or Honda. We will except company car reasons, or my parents will be giving this to me, whether i like it or not. Do not include it's common.

PS: This thread aims to help other tsikoteers and car shoppers who are facing this same dilemma. You might win yourselves against those 90's thinking people (some still think Rico Yan is still alive kidding).

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Kung hindi ako mag-consider ng Honda sa future purchase, it will just probably because of three things. One is its hefty price w/ the lack of discounts, second is the expensive maintenance and third is because of its dated looks ( depends on the model ... )

For the Toyota, on the other hand, siguro dahil sa taxi aura ( but that doesn't bother me anymore ) & siguro sa dealer's experience. Looks wise kasi eh, no questions ako diyan. Their current models are ok looking. Modern, ba. Maganda.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    reasons not considering Honda or Toyota:
    -pricing, it could be overpriced compared to other options of the same type
    -certain quality or lack of quality like harsh ride.
    -model line up might not appeal to buyer. Example the Altis might feel "bland" compared to the Lancer EX.

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    Honda and Toyota seems to be overpriced for what your are getting, or you can also look at it the other way around, the other brands offer a more equiped vehicle for the same price or lower. Though these two brands seems so have the best in re-sale value among the brands.

Reasons for not considering Honda or Toyota