New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Any body who drives and owns an ex-taxi car to private car how was it driving them..... What model and year let me hear from you.....

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Waste of money.

expect na sirang-sira na sya. These units run almost 24/7 for 12-14 years. Most disconnect the speedo cable so there's no way to know how far it really ran. they'll sell it to you in working condition though but don't expect it to last long in good condition.

However, if you need a car that gets you from point A to B, it works (for a short while).

If someone tries to scam you, ex-taxi units have a small "H" embossed at the center of the private plate number. example:

[SIZE="7"]XXX[/SIZE] H [SIZE="7"]111[/SIZE]

Sometimes though, they get to acquire the original plates when it was first registered so you won't see the "H" code. Alam mo naman sa LTO, basta may lagay, lahat posible.

Ex-taxis are usually sold around 25-40k each by taxi companies.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I say stay away from it.
    Ang kuya ko dati ay nag buy & sell ng used cars. Nakakabili dati ng mga ex taxi. Ako taga ayos bago ibenta ulit. Ang masabi ko lang ay sasakit ang ulo mo dyan. Pwede siguro kung less than a year old and personally driven by the owner (mostly "kabit" system ang line).

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    it will be definitely a waste of time and money, since you would be expecting A LOT of repairs from it. It will just give you headaches because of it's problems, yes it is cheap but with you spending more than the car's cost it will make you think that with your money spent in buying and repairing the car you could already buy a privately owned vehicle which has less or minimal repairs that doesn't cost much, at all.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    only if he's selling it to you... FOR FREE !** this is experience talking. and i tell you, words can not describe the experience.
    but by the time i got thru with it, hindi na ako takot na bumili ng kahit anong kotse!

**then, you can sell it... por kilo!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    In the near future, there will be lots of Ex-taxis (vios,accent and rio) in the second hand market.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ ... and, they'll stay in the second hand market and RIP ( rust in peace ) :rofl:

Re: Ex taxi - private car anybody who owns this ok ba siya on the road