New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Speaking of the Accent, my dad is smitten by one and he asked me whats the difference by the Accent Gold and the Accent Blue. Ano ba talaga..

Promise, go for the Accent. But if its Vios for you, go for it. Its your money

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thanks sa mga comments po ulit.

We dropped by the dealer last weekend, and a red 1.4 A/T Accent was in the showroom.
    And after less than 5 minutes, wife's decision is FINAL, it wil be Accent and definitely not a Vios hahah.

Gusto ko sana makita yung manual, kaso 2 months daw backlog.
    Sana totoo yung sinabi ng sales rep na pareho lang interior materials (cladding, dash, seats). Although I've seen a few manuals on the road, pero gusto ko sana makita loob.

I just have to lineup my application at work.
    Di naman siguro mapa-phase out o tataas presyo nito in the coming months. At dapat magpareserve daw kung manual kukunin sabi ng dealer - 5k pesos will do.

Di na yata applicable yung thread title ko ...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnPatrick View Post
    Thanks sa mga comments po ulit.

We dropped by the dealer last weekend, and a red 1.4 A/T Accent was in the showroom.
    And after less than 5 minutes, wife's decision is FINAL, it wil be Accent and definitely not a Vios hahah.

Gusto ko sana makita yung manual, kaso 2 months daw backlog.
    Sana totoo yung sinabi ng sales rep na pareho lang interior materials (cladding, dash, seats). Although I've seen a few manuals on the road, pero gusto ko sana makita loob.

I just have to lineup my application at work.
    Di naman siguro mapa-phase out o tataas presyo nito in the coming months. At dapat magpareserve daw kung manual kukunin sabi ng dealer - 5k pesos will do.

Di na yata applicable yung thread title ko ...
    with the price of 1.4 manual, its a steal, so its true, sooner or later, may pila na yan. i suggest forking the P5K and line up on the waiting list. good luck sir and FTW.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    sir anonemus, M/T lang talaga target ko for this one.
    If it's 1.8L enginer pataas, I'd consider A/T. No offense. It's just me about A/T for sub-compacts.

You're wife made the right choice, and you made the right move to support her choice

The A/T version is safer (ABS, airbags) and more convenient in Metro Manila's heavy traffic, so even its 1.4 liter engine is more than sufficient.

Post pics when you get your red Accent

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Nung una 1.4M/T ang ikukuha ngayon 1.4A/T na ah! Mamamagic talaga ang budget kapag may magandang nakita si wife. Lumuwag kaagad ng 100k ang budget! :rofl: But the 1.4A/T is a much more attractive package talaga, akin to the Vios 1.3E instead of the 1.3J. There's the driver's airbag, ABS/EBD, alloys, central doorlocks and eco indicator. Very much worth the additional 100k I should say. As for the differences in the interior, according to the new Accent owners in the Accent thread. Wala daw pagkaiba besides the presence of the additional features and the 4 speed A/T with manual shift override instead of the M/T. Congrats on your new ride bro! I'm glad your wife made the right choice for you!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Closing comment lang po muna ako dito sa thread ko - naging Accent thread na kase from Vios thread
    Dun na lang muna ako lurk sa New Accent Thread.

Latest - I have to put off my purchase for a few more months for other reasons - and still Accent 1.4 MT is top choice - our company purchaser even got a very good deal after checking out multiple dealers. We got free LTO, 3M tint, and fairly good price on keyless entry upgrade.

But as a good buyer I am not totally scratching Vios and others from the list. I can even use the few months delay to monitor the performance of the new Accent.

TY

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Questions: Planning to buy a Vios