New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by carscout View Post
    Toyota na sana nang ma testing eh, naunsyami naman. First car was a Mitsu Singit (89), next was a Nissan LEC (91), then a Honda Civic Lxi (97), and last was a Honda Civic 2.0 (04) which has served us well up to this date. This is my first time to own a brand new car, and I have a mixed feeling about it
    Sarap ng brand new ano? Yung 2nd hand maamoy mo ang previous owner, sa brand new amoy bago at nakaka adik na adhesive

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    ^
    Sabi bro cancerous daw yung off gassing ng plastics/adhesives that give that new car smell? In China they even made huge effort to eliminate that smell coz they don't like it. Baka sira na pang amoy nila with all the pollution 😆

But yeah new cars still smell nice hehe

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    "new car" canned scent from the mall.
    but it doesn't quite do it.
    a 20 peso small bottle of rugby probably does it better.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by carscout View Post
    Yeah, I guess I will learn to love it eventually

Baka mura na rin yung BK Pajero hahaha, yun talaga pangarap ko noon.
    Perhaps once warranty has lapsed, you can supercharge the Xpander, and then you will definitely love it.

2010 model BKs sell for around 1M, I think. Late 2000s model, only around 800k.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Perhaps once warranty has lapsed, you can supercharge the Xpander, and then you will definitely love it.

2010 model BKs sell for around 1M, I think. Late 2000s model, only around 800k.

I'm not really into that kind of thing about supercharging Yung BK pangarap nalang muna siguro. Maybe after 5 years when enough money is available. Meantime I can't wait for my OR/CR to come so i can do a long test drive of the Xpander.. Maybe a trip to Laoag in the North..

6. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Hi newbie here and I can't get to post a thread yet, but I have a somewhat similar dilemma.

I'm torn between the early 2010s Montero and Fortuner. Currently driving a Jazz GK 1.5V CVT and wanting to get a bigger car for the sake of performance and passenger/cargo capacity. Newlywed, baby#1 coming in a few months. Not that much experience in driving biggish cars (had a '91 Mazda Eunos Presso and '97 Skyline GTS before when I was abroad), unless you can count the 2012 Avanza (I know, ang layo ng experience ).

So, ano po kaya marerecommend niyo na magandang mid-size SUV sa panahon ngayon? Budget is about 700-800K.

Thanks!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sjrnepo View Post
    Hi newbie here and I can't get to post a thread yet, but I have a somewhat similar dilemma.

I'm torn between the early 2010s Montero and Fortuner. Currently driving a Jazz GK 1.5V CVT and wanting to get a bigger car for the sake of performance and passenger/cargo capacity. Newlywed, baby#1 coming in a few months. Not that much experience in driving biggish cars (had a '91 Mazda Eunos Presso and '97 Skyline GTS before when I was abroad), unless you can count the 2012 Avanza (I know, ang layo ng experience ).

So, ano po kaya marerecommend niyo na magandang mid-size SUV sa panahon ngayon? Budget is about 700-800K.

Thanks!
    Montero has lower resale than Fortuner so you get a newer car for your money.

I see you like fast cars. Perhaps you will appreciate the availability of manual mode and paddle shifters on the Montero more. Get the 2012 up GLS-V or GTV for the VGT engine, paddle shifters, cruise control and ceiling mounted air vents.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Thanks!
    If performance is a key concern paired with ample passenger space, look for a petrol-powered CUV (Forester, CRV, etc.) or a midsize car (Accord, Mazda6, etc). Your Jazz 1.5V is just as good as the Monty in terms of straight line performance. You may want to consider the Korean turbo diesels as they offer better performance than the usual PPVs (Monty, Fort, etc).
    Last edited by Egan101; February 1st, 2019 at 02:41 PM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007

Thanks!
    With your budget I think you can get those last quarter released Fortuner 2012 or early 2013 with the 2.5 VNT 4x2. Just haggle harder on the price. I will not get a 2010 below models of Fortuner if I were you. The face lifted with the VNT for Diesel or the 2.7 G Gas variant swak na sa budget mo.

Not really a fan of Montero Sports with that headlight.. It looks like an old lady's reading glass.

Sa akin kasi my consideration of choosing a second hand vehicle is more on reliability and the abundance of parts. It's a 2nd hand vehicle so the percentage of major parts breaking is higher kaya gusto ko yung hindi mahirap maghanap ng replacement parts. I always limit myself to Toyota, Honda and Mitsubishi since these 3 are the longest Car brands in the country (Scratch the Nissan, I dont like it) and have the highest volume of cars running around. I don't care if they aren't as feature packed compare to some Korean or other Jap car brands. Daming aftermarket 3rd party jan to make your vehicle at par in features and comfort. Gusto mo magandang sound system, leather interior, back up camera, all around sensors, dami kang mapagpilian pag may extra money ka na.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Thanks guys! looks like a split decision from your 3 replies. I'll look around for your recommendations.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112