New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Pros and Cons of buying from buy and sell.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    IMHO lang ah:
    From buy and sell, especially the more established names, you can be (if not totally, at least more) assured that the car you are buying is not a flooded, stolen or defective unit all in all one in very good condition as otherwise would be very bad for their business. But then, of course the price would be jacked up significantly higher than that of an individual owner selling.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Ang downside lang, mahal sa buy and sell...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Ang downside lang, mahal sa buy and sell...
    Actually most of the high priced ones are those who advertise online, through "Buy and Sell" magazine/Car Finder and those who have slots in those large warehouse second hand showrooms. A lot still sell at market price if you find them through ads such as the Manila Bulletin on weekends.

Ive encountered many types and sad to say, a lot really follow bad practices such lots of rubbing compound to give a two month shine... (after that wala na), mileage tampering and cheap fixes. So far we've bought 4 cars from buy and sellers and 3 had tampered mileages; the first one i found out when i saw the timing belt replacement sticko, the second was when by chance i got to contact the original owner of the car before closing the sale (we got an additional discount... hehe), the third i knew by checking with the CASA. The last one we got was clean and i got to confirm it with the CASA.

At the end, the mileage did not matter though since we more or less do the same preventive maintenance and parts replacements on our cars when we by second hand, irregardless of mileage, to ensure reliability... and i learned a lot on cars because of some lemons ive gotten in the past.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    bayansellers are in the business to make money. and many will do anything to maximize their profit. but hey! there are honest bayansellers there..
    private seller/owners sell their cars for a variety of reasons. some need emergency money. others need the money for the down payment on the new car. others are leaving the country. still others just want to get rid of the old car to have space for the new car. i like to buy from the last..they are, to me, the least interested in making money.
    hey snowblind! it's you! sentra hunting? another word of advice: DON'T RUSH!. take your time. the next one may be even better than "the one that got away". ang dami dami diyang nagbebenta ng kotse...
    Last edited by dr. d; May 9th, 2011 at 03:08 PM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    bayansellers are in the business to make money. and many will do anything to maximize their profit. but hey! there are honest bayansellers there..
    private seller/owners sell their cars for a variety of reasons. some need emergency money. others need the money for the down payment on the new car. others are leaving the country. still others just want to get rid of the old car to have space for the new car. i like to buy from the last..they are, to me, the least interested in making money.
    hey snowblind! it's you! sentra hunting? another word of advice: DON'T RUSH!. take your time. the next one may be even better than "the one that got away". ang dami dami diyang nagbebenta ng kotse...
    I knew i met that boy somewhere!!! :D

Snowblind, take dr. d's advice. :D So how many prospective Sentra's have you seen so far?

Pros and Cons of buying from buy and sell