New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Tsikot Masters,

I'm going to buy a 95-99 Nissan Sentra Super Saloon 1.4MT.

Can you advise on its PROS and CONS so I won't be surprised in the long run.

I hope to hear from you guys soon.

Thanks in Advance Masters!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Cons: idle problems and poor economy when the mass airflow sensor gets dirty. Small back seat.

Pros: parts easy to find and cheap, MAF issue fixed easily with cleaning. Drives decently and engine is quite durable. Also, not quite as prone to rust as Hondas and Mazdas of the time.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Join Club Nissan Sentra (CNS) and Sentra Club. You will learn a lot there from members who keep their B14 Sentra in good shape until now.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The 1.4 EX Saloon m/t should be efficient if it's in good condition (around 10km/L city driving at least). But yes, idling problems are the usual culprit on any ageing EFI vehicle.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    AFAIK 95-99 super saloon's are all 1.6.. eto ang personal car ko eh.. yung ex saloon ang 1.4..

PROS: easy and kinda cheap to maintain.. parts are easy to find.. the best ang aircon sa lamig, never experienced a car this old to be as cold as my b14 with minimal maintenance..

CONS: idle problems, but can be easily solved by cleaning the MAF.. even a total noob (like me) could do it..

Pros / Cons of 95-99 Nissan Sentra Super Saloon 1.4MT