New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    actually, if you're ready to buy a used car, i think now is the best opportunity to buy 2nd-hand cars before they can have the damaged ones fixed sa talyer or sa casa. . .cars running fine now were most probably kept from flood last saturday. . .after a week or 2 when they have fixed and cleaned the water-submerged car, it will be hard to tell if it's been under water or not as niky has pointed out above. . .

of course, iwasan kapag ang location ng owner e isa sa mga hard-hit areas. . .for areas you are not sure, ask the people in the neighborhood of the seller if the area was flooded and up to what level if so

rule of the thumb now: if in doubt, don't buy

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Safe na kaya bumili ng brand new na Toyota sa January??? Depende ba kung saan bibilhin na dealer?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I guess waiting six months to a year should be kind of safe... it's enough time for ma ny of the niggling electrical faults to manifest... unless the car is parked that whole time.

Rust is a more difficult thing to predict... pero basta walang previous damage, the rustproofing should hold.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Safe na kaya bumili ng brand new na Toyota sa January??? Depende ba kung saan bibilhin na dealer?
    Well... at least if you buy from a dealer, you have warranty. Wiring issues due to flood will usually show up within a year or two, when they've had time to corrode. You should be reasonably safe.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    'wag naman sana punas-punas lang ang gawin ng mga dealers sa mga lumubog na sasakyan and then, "sige pwede na ibenta 'yan, let's just fix it pag nag-claim ng warranty"

btw, beware sa mga me balak umorder sa ford libis, check the unit that is being released thoroughly. . .last sunday, i saw about 5 brand new ford everests lined up along calle industria. . .it seems like meron silang warehouse dun (not far from the showroom) and that area was under water last saturday. . .i could be wrong but it's wise to be careful

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Tama ang sabi nila. Now, is the best time to buy 2nd hand cars dahil karamihan sa mga nalubog na sasakyan eh nasa mga talyer at casa pa. In 3weeks or a month, dadami na ang mga magbebenta ng 2nd hand cars nyan.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Try to buy na lang mga 2nd hand cars sa matataas na probinsya at mas mganda ask ka sa mga kakilala sa probinsya kung may alam sila nagbebenta na hindi napasama sa manila nung saturday

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Tanong lang natin siguradong magiisip iyong iba riyan na kung bibili ka ng second hand na nalubog sa baha ano mas magandang piliin iyong eletronic fuel injection o carburator type engine na sasakyan.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^^ Nabaha man o hindi EFi pa rin ako. Why not Carb? One answer, it's not compatible with e-10 / ethanol blended gasoline hence you'll have problems when the gov't pursues the plan to blend ethanol on all gasoline types on 2011.

Though I`m quite OT, just look at the pros and cons of the two.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    my sister asking me if a can help her buying a used car..pero i think saka na muna,mahirap magulangan...unless theres at least 1yr warranty.by november december,dami na for sale nyan..be careful mga tsikoteers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Problems/Buying a flooded or water-submerged car? [MERGED]