New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I thought I posted a lot of links already? All the City's there are VTi's if I remember right. The market price is at approximately 200-300k.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ChunkyLover View Post
    dude just to point it out...
    people who think their superior because they have a car are naive and egocentric .... superior because they own a car?? hahaha

dude dont compete with their "ego"... it just proves your ego is better and more satisfied... social climbers think their above all...
    but at the end of their day, they come home to their shitty house shitty room and shitty life and still think that their superior because they have an iphone 4 and a car... but you? you are a pilot student.... you dont have a car but you have more to contribute to the society than those social climbers...
    idd be more happy to hear if the primary concern of buying a car is the convenience of going to work...

as for your savings... it would help more if you put your savings to fund your studies...
    piloting cost a lot of money to finish...

after you graduate go buy a bmw 3 series or c class
    A lot of us pointed this more valuable line of thought but it seems the kid has his priorities set.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbelen View Post
    I've made my mind. Ill be getting the city type Z vti. But I cant find a good deal over at sulit and ayosdito. What is the common price of it? and do you guys know any showrooms of used cars in manila? Ive been to carland, the one near star city
    The internet and those showrooms are more expensive. Try Manila Bulletin on Sundays.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    I reflected on it for almost a year. Sometimes our shoots or shows last till 3am or 2am sometimes 12, I live at sta. rosa city laguna, and its really really hassle for me to commute going to manila and should still look fresh, same as going home, the latest trip to sta rosa is like 10pm, and the next one isa around 6. So most of the time I have no choice but to stay in a hotel, of course I cant go to cheap motels because we need to take care of our ""image"", so I spend like 1500 per night, so if I have 3 events in a week, ill be spending 4500. That made me realize that this might not be a stable income, still I enjoy it, and I need a car to coup up with it.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    *GTi: halos puro civic po yung napost nyo kuya ehh

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    tomorrow will be a sunday, go buy yourself a newspaper, and look at the used car sections. also, look for the buy&sell magazine and buy one. i always see, Type Z's on ads in those reading material.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    *sirbossR, ok sir, noted! thanks! is mitsubishi VR a good idea sir? I also see a lot of type Z's. But its the type Z vti im looking for specifically.

Mga sir, do you know where can I rent or find a trusted mechanic who can accompany me for a day of car hunting? Ill just pay for it. Please? If you do know some one.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    http://www.**************/index.php/...ds=Honda+Civic

check this out. it's unit id in sulit is 4299921. the link doesn't entirely show up here in Tsikot.

it's a 2001 Civic VTi. 76K kms. A/T.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I would suggest against getting a Mitsubishi VR. VR means a 2.0L inline 4 engine, so performance is not very good when coupled with a midsize sedan body especially when the engine in question only has 136hp. Midsize sedans are much more expensive to maintain, not to mention more thirsty at the pump. If its midsize sedans, you're better off with the Cefiro but as is I'd suggest you think about that a few years later when you've saved enough extra money for you to want a weekend/special occasion car.

For the daily commute stick with the Type-Z VTi. Remember that prices in classified ads, be they online or in the papers are almost always jacked up by a considerable margin. I don't see why online ads can generally have more expensive price tags than the ones in the papers. The ones in the papers have to pay to have their ads posted! I'm pretty sure when it boils down to the real price, pare-pareho lang yan.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbelen View Post
    I reflected on it for almost a year. Sometimes our shoots or shows last till 3am or 2am sometimes 12, I live at sta. rosa city laguna, and its really really hassle for me to commute going to manila and should still look fresh, same as going home, the latest trip to sta rosa is like 10pm, and the next one isa around 6. So most of the time I have no choice but to stay in a hotel, of course I cant go to cheap motels because we need to take care of our ""image"", so I spend like 1500 per night, so if I have 3 events in a week, ill be spending 4500. That made me realize that this might not be a stable income, still I enjoy it, and I need a car to coup up with it.
    It reminds me of our college professor when she asked in one of our test before. Granting we passed the board exam and got a good break (a project), what would you buy as investment? many answered a house and lot and start a small business. But surprisingly, the correct answer is a car. A car as investment? As explained to us, it is a necessity in the profession that we choose, just like doctors. She and her husband are practicing it, they have two vehicles. They're just renting and it is only a few years back that they build their own house.

btt, you can also ask your friends (thru social network) that you're scouting for a car. They might know someone or their friends of friends might know someone selling a car of your choice. But be very extra careful though. It is good if you can chance those who are upgrading or wanting to have a new model cars.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you want to check out the Nissan Sentras, there are some good, properly maintained units being sold by Club Nissan Sentra members on their board.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Please please help. This is a very rush deal. Worth my whole life of saving> :(