New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTS925 View Post
    Keep the car stock na lang, yung pang set-up, gamitin mo na lang sa washover etc. Mas ma impress pa mga tao sa lumang car na mukhang bago.
    I agree here. Don't rice it up, keep it nice and clean with OEM parts. The car will be much more respectable that way.

Look for a 1990s Corolla, Lancer or Sentra worth 150K or less then set aside another 50K for service, detailing and repairs.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Mas maangas pa nga kapag clean look, no flashy chromes, no bling blings, mas karespe-respeto yung kotse.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    I agree with the posts here. Keep it stock and clean. Older cars are more appreciated when stock. Focus on finding the car with the best possible condition rather than limiting your options on one car brand/model. A car with manual transmission will be a better choice to avoid possible expensive repairs. Happy hunting!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I drive a modified 1996 Corolla. It's a joy to drive. But for a stock 1.3L unit, I doubt it if you can keep up with several VTi's around. Heck, even the 1.6L GLi probably can't keep up with the VTi just yet. Maybe the LXi, but that's about it. Angas appeal, hands down with Civics. Whether it may be the MMC 1998-2000 ( SiR body ) models or the tad older ones, 1996-1997, it's just a head turner. AS LONG AS everything's kept clean.

Modifications shouldn't be limited. Those things don't come in cheap, believe me. On the rims & tires combination alone, set aside about 30k for it. Brand new everything, paired with a good set of tires. Of course, when driving a Civic, you need to focus your attention on its stance. Lowering springs would set you back at around 7k/set. Free installation if you're lucky.

But then, for a 250k budget I'm thinking on up to where would it only take you. I have doubts that it won't even let you grab a new set of shoes as they call it because of the countless repairs here and there that's needed to be paid attention to immediately.

Forget the EK's, forget the Corolla's and the Lancer's. Everything, forget about it.

For 250k, get a Type-Z Honda City. Keep it stock & shiny ( esp. if it's black ) and it will turn heads, believe me. And forget about entering the modified world just yet, because for one, City's don't really "like" to be modified and second, there are A LOT of things to be thought of before " wants "

Think about it.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    ewan ko ba kung bakit gustong gusto nya mag pa modify ng car tapos gusto yung cheap lang....

ako sa sasakyan gusto ko stock... kung may modifications man sa engine na lang... para akala nila eh stock car ka.. yun pala eh beast ang makina...

yung carens lang eh.. sa unang tingin akala mo mabagal kasi nga MPV sya pero pag humataw bangis...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Lahat ng mga links na pinost ko are compatible with your budget, though some may require a bit of haggling. Marami diyan mga may dinagdag na so you don't need to pay extra to buy for upgrades. For your budget, ang pinakamatinding sleeper car ay yung City Type-Z VTi. Akala mo eh econobox pero kaya pala it has a VTEC engine with a freakin' 7200rpm redline so napakatindi humataw niyan! I'm pretty sure it can keep up with the EK VTi's no problem. Just change the 14 inch wheels to 15 inchers at maganda na tingnan. Then get a good up to date stereo kung yung cassette deck parin yung nandun.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ mas ok kung stock 14"

sleeper talaga kasi super stock

and mas magaan yun and since maliit mas cheap tires and mas narrow so mas matipid sa fc

besides, wala naman halos bumabagay na rims sa type z kundi ang stock

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Please lang TS huwag ka mag join sa HCP. Baka lalo ka mahilo...sabagay mga hard core fanbois doon...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Please lang TS huwag ka mag join sa HCP. Baka lalo ka mahilo...sabagay mga hard core fanbois doon...
    Oo nga TS, huwag ka na muna sumali sa HCP or sa JDMU.

Baka mabaon ka sa utang kaka-modify ng kotse mo makasabay ka lang sakanila. :hysterical:

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Lahat ng mga links na pinost ko are compatible with your budget, though some may require a bit of haggling. Marami diyan mga may dinagdag na so you don't need to pay extra to buy for upgrades. For your budget, ang pinakamatinding sleeper car ay yung City Type-Z VTi. Akala mo eh econobox pero kaya pala it has a VTEC engine with a freakin' 7200rpm redline so napakatindi humataw niyan! I'm pretty sure it can keep up with the EK VTi's no problem. Just change the 14 inch wheels to 15 inchers at maganda na tingnan. Then get a good up to date stereo kung yung cassette deck parin yung nandun.
    Agree ako dito!
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Please please help. This is a very rush deal. Worth my whole life of saving> :(