New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    why would you spend all your savings on a car?
    Actually sir I really saved those for a car,

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Just my suggestion, ipon ipon ka muna tas pag may enough ka na pera, buy it na.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbelen View Post
    Sir GTi, sorry for my very noob questions ah. I really have 0 idea about cars po. You dont really advice of having a corolla and make it look maangas using those cheap add ons?
    That's OK~ That's why we're all here, right? Sometimes I get to ask "noob" questions too.

Now there's nothing particularly wrong with getting a Corolla. Its a really reliable car and is actually pretty well spec'd with the latest equipment of the time. Have you seen the AE111 Corolla? I personally find the design pretty boring and its not really something you'd like to improve on. However, if you were very fortunate enough to be able to find an Altis that fits your budget, then it will probably be a much better starting point. But for your budget, siguro kung may mahanap kang Altis, baka yung napakataas na ng mileage o kaya may sira.

So I'd suggest parin, that you find a post facelift EK Civic or a City Type-Z.

And here are some links. First one is a top of the line 1.8L AE111 Corolla, it looks pretty well maintained, you may be interested. 2nd one is the Altis I was talking about, and this is the only one I can find at the moment that fits your budget. But take note of the 142000kms mileage. 2nd one has a slightly higher price but you may still be able to negotiate. Remember that the prices are always negotiable.
    Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8SEG AT - 00 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Toyota Altis AT - 01 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Toyota Altis J MT - 2002 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Honda Civic MT - 99 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Honda Civic MT - 00 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Honda City MT - 03 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Honda City 1.5 VTI MT - 01 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Honda CITY VTEC VTI MT - 02

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    my 88 centavos' worth:
    buying a car when you have no steady source of income, is not a good idea. in effect, you are counting your chickens before the eggs are even laid. but then again, life is a gamble.. no guts.. no glory.
    but if you are committed to buying, buy the most expensive you can afford. it usually means there are less things to fix afterward.
    it is usually cheaper to maintain a corolla than a honda of the same level of (dis)repair.
    personally, i find mint-condition and factory-spec, most appealing of all.
    and above all, don't rush! it's a buyers' market out there! there are many more sellers than there are buyers!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    That's OK~ That's why we're all here, right? Sometimes I get to ask "noob" questions too.

Now there's nothing particularly wrong with getting a Corolla. Its a really reliable car and is actually pretty well spec'd with the latest equipment of the time. Have you seen the AE111 Corolla? I personally find the design pretty boring and its not really something you'd like to improve on. However, if you were very fortunate enough to be able to find an Altis that fits your budget, then it will probably be a much better starting point. But for your budget, siguro kung may mahanap kang Altis, baka yung napakataas na ng mileage o kaya may sira.

So I'd suggest parin, that you find a post facelift EK Civic or a City Type-Z.

And here are some links. First one is a top of the line 1.8L AE111 Corolla, it looks pretty well maintained, you may be interested. 2nd one is the Altis I was talking about, and this is the only one I can find at the moment that fits your budget. But take note of the 142000kms mileage. 2nd one has a slightly higher price but you may still be able to negotiate. Remember that the prices are always negotiable.
    Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8SEG AT - 00 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Toyota Altis AT - 01 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Toyota Altis J MT - 2002 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Honda Civic MT - 00 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Honda City MT - 03 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Honda City 1.5 VTI MT - 01 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Honda CITY VTEC VTI MT - 02
    Honda Civic MT - 00 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph - this is the best, naka-set-up na kasi. Tapos P280K na negotiable, puwede mo pa makuha sa P250K (tsaka cash mo babayaran eh) kasi siyempre magpapalit ka kamo ng tires and all fluids unless may mapakita siyang proof na bagong palit lahat at kaka-PMS lang talaga!
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    If I happen to save more and fix my budget up to 250k, what should I get now?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    how about a nissan sentra.. medyo mababa ang resale nyan yet makakakuha ka ng modelo...

sa mga honda kasi puro 2000 below ang makukuha mo.. mahal na luma pa... masyado kasing hyped ang honda sa pilipins.. prestige ekek..

having a car for me is enough porma na.. mas ok yung stock ang looks kesa naman na nag pipilit mag mukhang mabilis yung kotse...

honda city 2000 model meron binebenta sa may las pinas 200k lang negotiable pa... nakita ko sa tapat ng funeraria filipinas..

8. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    I've decided to get a car. Realizing I really need it. So I have a tops budget of 250k. I'm confused if I'll be getting a toyota GLI worth about 160-170k then Ill use the remaining budget to set it up or maybe look a bit classy, not too much of a set up like those racer wanna be. A set up just to make it look presentable regardless of its age. Or Ill have a honda civic vti aroung 230 - 240k and that will be pretty much it. Help me please. A gli with a few set up or a stock vti. please. thanks in advance

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well... if your modelling gigs include the typical photoshoots that end at a godawful time, then you probably DO need a vehicle.

The motorcycle thing is a good idea... just don't sleep and ride at the same time... medyo hazardous yun.

If you just need a vehicle, buy low. Get the Toyota, keep it stock, keep it clean... build up more money and dispose of it when you have enough to upgrade.

You're not a regular talent? Sometimes these agencies offer car benefits to talents who have regular gigs with them. Much nicer, IMHO, getting a new, economical car for half-off than having to settle with a secondhand of dubious quality.

Hinay hinay lang. Been there, done that. Eventually, the costs of maintaining and modifying an old car get to the point where you'll be commuting on odd days to save up. And on some of those days, you'll be commuting to the talyer. Don't need that kind of distraction while you're studying and working at the same time.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Keep the car stock na lang, yung pang set-up, gamitin mo na lang sa washover etc. Mas ma impress pa mga tao sa lumang car na mukhang bago. Since model ka, I assume may itsura ka at hindi mo naman kailangan ng magandang car to compensate

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Please please help. This is a very rush deal. Worth my whole life of saving> :(