New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Never mind the setup. The best thing to do for more angas is to change the rims and headlight bulbs and perhaps add the optional foglights, and that's it. Too much setup-ing makes the car look ricey, which is the exact opposite of "angas". For the image, take time and effort to look for an excellent condition post facelift '99-'00 Civic VTi, you may try to come up with a slightly higher budget while you're at it. '96-'97 Civics look really old, IMO. Better to spend a bit more for a car in good condition than to save a little and spend a lot for all eternity for a cheap car in bad condition. Good looking 2nd hand rims are easy to find in any roadside tire shop. Just don't try to make it too big or you'd be spending a lot for tires and sacrificing a lot in ride comfort. 16s would be good, 17s maximum. Best lights, for me, would be plasma xenon (kahit hindi tunay na buong HID conversion kit) sa main lights and then yellow dun sa fogs. And if you want it to go faster, consider an aftermarket air filter. And then stop there.

If you don't mind the downsizing, the City Type-Z is a great car to drive. Very economical and easy to maintain, perfect for the novice driver. Yun nga lang medyo downsize ng kaunti sa "angas factor". But the VTi variant, especially in manual form, is a very fast car. 115 horses in a sub-1000kg car? And then you can get a much newer car for the budget, probably up to the 2003 model will be within reach.

Between Corolla and Lancer naman... For your budget that will mean AE111 Corolla and pizza Lancer. Corolla would be the better choice since the Lancer is known for having kalampag in the suspension. Its also better kitted, but rather boring too. You may want to consider the Exalta though you may find it a bit too old-ish.
    for his budget, he could also get a used Altis 1.6E M/T.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Sir Gti's image of an "angas" car is the perfect thing I want. Good lights, a very cheap sound set up, reasonable muffler, cheap but classy mags. Some skirts and chins if budget permits. Thats fairly it. Simple, cheap, yet classy. My question is, with that kind of set up, will it fit any toyota car? Ill erase out the lancer because of the "kalampag issues as you've said. I dont wanna race, but speed is also important to me. Will a 1.3 city be super slow?

OT*SiRBOSS: WOW sir, nice to meet a brother in wings. what license do you hold now sir?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    for his budget, he could also get a used Altis 1.6E M/T.
    Talaga? I'd always though these sell for 300k and above. Di ba kaya napakalaspag na niyan o kaya ex-taxi unit?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbelen View Post
    Sir Gti's image of an "angas" car is the perfect thing I want. Good lights, a very cheap sound set up, reasonable muffler, cheap but classy mags. Some skirts and chins if budget permits. Thats fairly it. Simple, cheap, yet classy. My question is, with that kind of set up, will it fit any toyota car? Ill erase out the lancer because of the "kalampag issues as you've said. I dont wanna race, but speed is also important to me. Will a 1.3 city be super slow?

OT*SiRBOSS: WOW sir, nice to meet a brother in wings. what license do you hold now sir?
    Ayun. The 1.3L City is fairly quick actually. Its got 95 horses on tap and power to weight ratio is good due to the sub-1000kg vehicle weight. But I'd suggest you get the 1.5L VTi variant for the full experience if you're getting the City.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Model ka pala e,get yourself a rich sugar mommy bro, then ask for an audi..

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    *gti: Yup. there are some altis' that are sold at 270-290K range. with setup na. i don't think they're ex-taxi's cause some sports the original color and i see more silver, maroon and black colored units than white.

*michaelbelen: CPL. im still goin' for training for A3xx aircrafts and boeing's.

*oliver: onga naman, why not go for a sugar mommy. go to rockwell, and hang out at the food court. you'll see plenty of rumarampang milfs there. haha

7. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Ayun. The 1.3L City is fairly quick actually. Its got 95 horses on tap and power to weight ratio is good due to the sub-1000kg vehicle weight. But I'd suggest you get the 1.5L VTi variant for the full experience if you're getting the City.
    Sir GTi, sorry for my very noob questions ah. I really have 0 idea about cars po. You dont really advice of having a corolla and make it look maangas using those cheap add ons?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    *gti: Yup. there are some altis' that are sold at 270-290K range. with setup na. i don't think they're ex-taxi's cause some sports the original color and i see more silver, maroon and black colored units than white.

*michaelbelen: CPL. im still goin' for training for A3xx aircrafts and boeing's.

*oliver: onga naman, why not go for a sugar mommy. go to rockwell, and hang out at the food court. you'll see plenty of rumarampang milfs there. haha
    with regards to the sugar mommy idea, I'd rather have a "padyak" if that'll be the case. wahahahaha.

*SirBOSS: CPL?" wow. I really should call you sir. wahahahaha.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    why would you spend all your savings on a car?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Model ka pala e,get yourself a rich sugar mommy bro, then ask for an audi..
    hekhek.... tama!.....

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Please please help. This is a very rush deal. Worth my whole life of saving> :(