New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    I don't know if it is ok to open this thread here ...i'm planning to buy a car from used car internet sites within this coming months ... i found one which fits my budget and the type of car i need ... i'm planning to check the car personally when i noticed from the pics that the plate number is something different from others ...its a private car, but the plate format is something like this : White characters on Green background , with one sticker on the lower right hand corner of the front plate and one sticker at the lower left hand corner of the back plate ... both plates don't have a 'PILIPINAS" or something like that at the bottom... it was newly registered this month of April 2013 ....

I'm a newbie about second hand cars and this will be my first one to own so that all the info i know came from this forum ....the only thing that i'm doubtful is the plate number ... Can you please extend some help before i go with a mechanic to check the unit ..

I will appreciate very much all the help you can extend to me .... thanks fellow Tsikoters ....

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ganyan talaga ang alam ko mga lumang kotse.

Tapos sa harap, green on white naman.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

Yun palang car na type ko is a Honda Civic 1995 model ... u said , 'green on white' sa harap ... while both plates noong car is in the same format, White on Green, with a sticker on one corner, thats all ... ang linis nga tingnan noong plate number .... hehehe ...

Takaw sita daw ba talaga ang ganun ?? kahit na me valid papers if palagi na lang masisita, sakit din ng ulo seguro , lalo na kung bibiyahe ng NCR ... baka madale ng 'swerving' ... thanks nga pala sa reply .... appreciate it ...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Hindi naman takaw-sita iyan bro....

Iyon ngang isa naming (dating) kotse na na-carnap at na-recover ko... Binago ang plate number, dahil naka-alert na ang dati nitong plate number... So, bago ang plate number niya compared sa model ng sasakyan... I used the car for the next 3 years or so,- ni minsan, walang pumara sa akin dito sa Metro Manila for that 'anomaly'.... (I have the documents with me all the time then, just in case)... Of course this was more than a decade ago and they may be a lot more strict these days...

18.7K:vader:

5. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Thanks a lot for the info bro .. now i'm learning .... ...
    I found another one, 1993 model Honda Civic Esi, black ( my preferred color ) , modified front bumper with kunting gasgas , changed steering wheel and back signal lights ( i dont know how u call them ) ... last price over the phone is 140K ... now i have 2 choices ....
    Many thanks for the inputs guys/gals ....

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008

yes, there was a time many years ago, for a couple of years, that it was green letters and numbers on a white background in front, and white numbers and letters on a green background at the back. there's still many of them around..

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005

There's a car with these colored plates in our neighborhood parking area.
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2