New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The problem with the Exalta is the suspension is tuned for comfort... to the detriment of performance. Steering is vague, the suspension is ultra-ultra-ultra-wallowy and the brakes suck.

The SLA gives you a manual option and the only big thing you'll miss is the sunroof.

At this point in time, even good condition STAs will have electrical gremlins, especially with the alarm and auto-locking system, the CD Changer (both the STA and SLA changers skip after a year or two of use) and the alternator. So if you decide to get one, set aside some money for electrical repairs.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Thanks for the inputs guys, so based on your comments, i'll crossed out SUV's in my options because of lack in terms of funds.
    On nissan, electrical problems will be my major concern?
    Does maintenance on nissan cars are same as to honda? Or nissan parts are far cheaper from honda? What about the lancers 2000-2002 any ideas on how much they are, and it's handling, suspension, performance and maintenance? I'm also considering the chevy optra, but my friend who has one told me that chevy parts are hard to find and you will have to resort on chevy casa for parts, Thanks!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Di ko lang alam yung suspension ng 02-03 Lancer, pero goodluck finding a manual transmission. If ever you'll find one, GLX pa. Eh langya, carburetor pa yun e. Stick to GLS units kung M/T talaga preferred. Pero yun nga, very rare.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Di ko lang alam yung suspension ng 02-03 Lancer, pero goodluck finding a manual transmission. If ever you'll find one, GLX pa. Eh langya, carburetor pa yun e. Stick to GLS units kung M/T talaga preferred. Pero yun nga, very rare.
    Kasi if A/T na 2nd hand, it's not a wise choice, pag nasira kasi matic tranny naku naku.. lol Anyways yung GLS mga ano price range nun? Sa chevy renzo may idea ka sa maintenance and costs nang mga parts?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by silverworx View Post
    Kasi if A/T na 2nd hand, it's not a wise choice, pag nasira kasi matic tranny naku naku.. lol Anyways yung GLS mga ano price range nun? Sa chevy renzo may idea ka sa maintenance and costs nang mga parts?
    yep. had the chance to experience an optra. never will again ...

maganda build quality ng kotse. yung loob, superb. seats are plush. basta elegante. top-end power is adequate, di siya hirap ... pero ma-mumura mo yung FC at yung ka-bulukan ng after-sales support.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by silverworx View Post
    We have a family friend who has a '94 itlog Lancer A/T na nasiraan ng transmission. Replacement cost only very minimal, I forgot the exact price basta around 10k lang lahat lahat including labor so hindi siguro ganun ka costly kapag nasira ang transmission? Or mas mahal ang transmission ng pizza kasi INVECS II? But the last pizza iteration actually looks good IMHO. I'd take the 124hp engine with M/T if this is your scope.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Probably a Nissan would suit you best. Stay away from Hondas, Toyotas or any car maker who has a horrendous resale value for that matter. I'd suggest the Nissan Exalta STA. Jampacked with features ! And it has a moonroof to boot too. You could get a decent one with your budget, if not ... a little stretching to 250k would do the trick.

- you could get a digital gauge that was originally seen on a particular Nissan model for bragging purposes. hehe

Yep, his plates does say HOW LOW CAN YOU GO ...

Ohwell, stock height would do for you though. Hehehe.

P.S. forget the grandeur, it's ugly. LOL.
    FTW! The digital gauge is nice... after a few weeks (kakasawa). It is actually for a B13, but will still work w/ the B14. IMO the rotary gauge is still the way to go, especially if your a tuner. You can even notice supercars from Porches, GT-Rs, etc. don't use these digital gauges. My aunt has a black STA, still going strong, except for the sunroof that hung one time... It was one of the most geeky cars of its time, rear window shade, w/ park sensors, vcd, 12 disc entertainment system, may wireless app pa siya for c.p! The ride is comfy... maybe too comfy w/c sacrifices handling, not as quick as it's predecessor GA16 engines, but again comfort is the main characteristic.

You might want to look at the limited GT-S B14 also, quicker and is a full Japanese car. The STA kasi has parts from Taiwan na, mostly the geeky techy stuff.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    yep. had the chance to experience an optra. never will again ...

maganda build quality ng kotse. yung loob, superb. seats are plush. basta elegante. top-end power is adequate, di siya hirap ... pero ma-mumura mo yung FC at yung ka-bulukan ng after-sales support.
    Oo nga eh, ganda gauges, interior, exterior di siya lata nang sardinas, yung tipo if you got into an accident gasgas lang kuha mo. lol
    I will cross out chevy in my options, ehe. Sa toyota kasi parang nakukulangan ako sa looks nang mga sedan nila, pwera nalang sa new altis..

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    We have a family friend who has a '94 itlog Lancer A/T na nasiraan ng transmission. Replacement cost only very minimal, I forgot the exact price basta around 10k lang lahat lahat including labor so hindi siguro ganun ka costly kapag nasira ang transmission? Or mas mahal ang transmission ng pizza kasi INVECS II? But the last pizza iteration actually looks good IMHO. I'd take the 124hp engine with M/T if this is your scope.
    Ayos nadin yung HP, lamang lang konti EK, i can live with it, since it will just be a weekend car, and 2-3 times a week lang siya dadaan dun sa rough road on the way to our house. But that model you are saying what year siya? and any idea sa price? And what is the specific model of that car so i can have a reference sir..TIA!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    AFAIK 2000-2002 ang last iteration ng pizza Lancer. Not sure if it still has the suspension problems though. According to the specs from motioncars.com, iba ata ang power output ng GLS sa MX. GLS (which has M/T) gives 115hp/142Nm while MX (AFAIK A/T only) has 124hp/154Nm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Planning on swapping/selling my car,, need inputs..