New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    So right now your use for the car is for your daily commute which supposedly takes hours if you commute. Is that your daily commute to work? So the home business is just a sideline? Your usage of the car would be daily commute plus the occasional work related trip out of town. Tama ba?

What is your daily route? Total distance and road traveled? Do you have passengers?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    would like to use the car for my daily commute.
    should only take me 20-30mins on a private vehicle.
    by commuting, 1:30hrs na pinakamahina.

home business is just a sideline. pero yung time kasi na nawawala sa akin, it cost me a lot.
    imbes na mas nakakagawa ako ng ibang projects, di ko nagagawa.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    with a private vehicle, 25KMs in 20mins
    by commuting, 37kms 1.5hrs (kasama na kasi waiting time, pickup ng passengers)

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ayun. Kapag 200k pwedeng pwede na. Vans or AUVs are a good proposition. These mean lower fuel costs courtesy of the diesel engine, sturdier components and better flood wading capabilities. You'd get a newer Adventure as compared to the Revo given the same budget. Stay away from the thirsty gasoline powered models.

Adventure and Revo are similar in terms of interior space, fuel efficiency and performance. The Revo has a slight edge in space, and the Adventure has a slight edge in top speed. If you do a lot of climbing though, the Revo has the advantage, as certified by the number of Revo taxis in Baguio (and the low population of Adventure taxis). Fuel consumption can range from around 7-9km/L city, depending on driving style, route, traffic conditions and the condition of the engine.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Ayun. Kapag 200k pwedeng pwede na. Vans or AUVs are a good proposition. These mean lower fuel costs courtesy of the diesel engine, sturdier components and better flood wading capabilities. You'd get a newer Adventure as compared to the Revo given the same budget. Stay away from the thirsty gasoline powered models.

Adventure and Revo are similar in terms of interior space, fuel efficiency and performance. The Revo has a slight edge in space, and the Adventure has a slight edge in top speed. If you do a lot of climbing though, the Revo has the advantage, as certified by the number of Revo taxis in Baguio (and the low population of Adventure taxis). Fuel consumption can range from around 7-9km/L city, depending on driving style, route, traffic conditions and the condition of the engine.

Yup. Nabanggit din ng brother at tatay ko na mas ok sa baha at gas yung AUVs.
    para magamit din sa family trips.
    Pwede rin pang service.

Wow. Salamat sa information Sir =)

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ungria View Post
    Hi guys, thank you for your honest response.

Update pala.
    My budget is 100K-200K.

As per your suggestions kahapon, should go for a corolla or sentra since I cant afford pa to buy a brand new car.
    this is to resolve my problems commuting everyday. It cost me at least 3 hours a day so sayang talaga instead of mas may nagagawa ako on my homebased business.

I'm also considering buying it in cash.
    My brother told me he can lend me.

Eto kasi.
    Malapit lang actually yung work ko from home (Bulacan-Mindanao Ave)
    Ang problema lang, walang PUVs na dumadaan ng Smar Connect. Hassle din ang traffic at oras ng pickup ng pasahero ng mga bus palabas ng Bulacan.

If I have a car, it will save me time.
    Mas may oras na ako doing my homebased business.
    That if i'll be able to get the car, kaya ko magkaroon ng day job at homebased business.
    1yr ko na sya ginagawa kaso yun nga ang dami nang nasasayang na oras at di nagagawang projects.

Lumipat ako ng work only for that extra time (from 45hrs a week to 40hrs a week on my current job)

My budget is really limited kaya I'm only looking for a 2nd hand car.
    My brother also is asking me if possible ba 2nd hand Adventures/Revos para pwede rin pam-pamilya.

Thanks sa suggestions =)
    Napag-aralan mo na rin ba kung mag taxi ka nalang muna? Just a suggestion.

6. Join Date
    May 2006

wala kang makukuhang 200k na diesel adventure at revo. tamaraw fx pwede pa

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    We have a Revo, and it can swallow just about anything! I've tried squeezing 13 passengers in a 3+4+6 manner. I've fitted a mountain bike standing, without taking off the front wheel, by folding up 30% of the 2nd row seat. And I've also loaded a 6.5kg capacity washing machine on the 3rd row. Once we took it to Baguio with 7 passengers plus loads of luggage- the only one among our cars capable of doing so. With the 2nd and 3rd row seats folded up, you get a carpeted loading space longer than a pickup bed.

Take note though that even though these cars are sturdy, they are also old. Expect repairs to pop up here and there. Some of them may be quite expensive. But then once replaced, I don't expect to be minding it for a very long time.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom View Post
    Napag-aralan mo na rin ba kung mag taxi ka nalang muna? Just a suggestion.
    as in taxi literally? walang taxi sa Bulacan and mas mahal yun.
    (unless may iba kayo ibig sabihin sa "taxi"?)

9. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    wala kang makukuhang 200k na diesel adventure at revo. tamaraw fx pwede pa
    actually i've seen adventures model 2000-2004 na pasok sa 200K.
    i'm still checking how it is possible.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ungria View Post
    actually i've seen adventures model 2000-2004 na pasok sa 200K.
    i'm still checking how it is possible.
    Baka naman gas model yan.

Your original budget is 100-200k. Stick to that - get a car costing around 150k and spend the rest for repairs.

The cheapest diesel Adventure would be around 250k, without repairs pa. You'll be spending almost double your original budget - can you actually pay that off with your current income?

It's nice to think na pampamilya yan and all, pero mas importanteng tanungin mo sarili mo kung kaya mo ba bayaran. Eh yung 100-200k mo uutangin mo na nga, gusto mo pa umutang ng mas malaki. Baka mabaon ka lang sa utang niyan.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Planning to Buy Used Car, Installment Basis, Limited Budget