New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    *GH - did you convert your EX to LPG already? how's the FC?

nope, running on gasoline. kinda modding the EX.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by saprowling View Post
    i know. ive been really thinkin about the cruze and the ex. the only thing is i dont have enough budget for the ex. haha. maybe a little more "sipsip" to my dad will get me the ex. haha.

Lancer EX GLS (CVT) = P895,000.00

Not enough budget?

Lancer EX GLX (M/T) = P855,000.00

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Lancer EX GLS (CVT) = P895,000.00

Not enough budget?

Lancer EX GLX (M/T) = P855,000.00
    if i would buy the ex. i will go for the MX version

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    If i were in your shoes, ill get the Chevrolet Cruze LS. Get it at the Pasig branch, you have 2 years free PMS.

Lets take a look at why lancer has huge discounts. Maybe over priced, and sales are not good. The look came out 2 years ago.

Cruze is a global model, a balance of features, performance is good. But not fast at low rpm but makes up at mid RPM.

Check out intl sites that compare compact sedans.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5 View Post
    If i were in your shoes, ill get the Chevrolet Cruze LS. Get it at the Pasig branch, you have 2 years free PMS.

Lets take a look at why lancer has huge discounts. Maybe over priced, and sales are not good. The look came out 2 years ago.

Cruze is a global model, a balance of features, performance is good. But not fast at low rpm but makes up at mid RPM.

Check out intl sites that compare compact sedans.
    im still considering the cruze ls and the ex mx. ill research more on about these cars and its reviews.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If I were in your shoes, I'd get the EX. Looks aggressive. Drives perfectly. Cheap, for it's specs - 2.0L engine.

One reason why I wouldn't get the cruze is because the sort-of CASA trauma that the Optra has given to me. Maintenance is so effing expensive and most of the time, major parts are hard to source out -, even in CASA.

Also, the cruze is quite slow in acceleration and the body's quite heavy for the 1.8L engine which can result in poor FC ...

Looks-wise, the cruze is nice. But of course, what can the looks do if the money of the driver is already used up ?

EX is the way to go. BTW, Mitsubishi CASA is better than of Chevy's.

Merry Christmas, guys !

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

One reason why I wouldn't get the cruze is because the sort-of CASA trauma that the Optra has given to me. Maintenance is so effing expensive and most of the time, major parts are hard to source out -, even in CASA.
    Saan CASA yan?

Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

If I were in your shoes, I'd get the EX. Looks aggressive. Drives perfectly. Cheap, for it's specs - 2.0L engine.

my dad also wants to buy the EX for me. im just wondering where is the best mitsu dealer here in metro.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    my dad also wants to buy the EX for me. im just wondering where is the best mitsu dealer here in metro.
    [/color]

Get the MX Lancer EX from Diamond Motors Valle Verde branch or Marcos Highway, good reps for CASA.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [/COLOR]
    So far Diamond Motors at Valle Verde branch has one of the better recommendations for after-sales service from the Mitsu-Club boys.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Totally agree with the comments - Diamond Motors in Valle.

I took a good look at the Cruze before buying my Lancer EX (GT-A though). The Cruze was brand new then and you'd hardly see any on the streets. Now, I see a few from time to time.

On a totally subjective note, I didn't like the way the Cruze felt when I sat in the driver's seat. The Lancer felt just right. And the Chevy sales people were just so much more aggressive on the Cruze, which for some reason didn't feel right.

I've been totally happy with the Lancer. Thought about the MX version until I decided to stretch the budget and go for the GT-A. The Rockford stereo made the difference.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Planning to buy a new car.