New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    iba talaga kasi i-drive ang mini compared to, jazz, swift, fiesta. yon nga lang talo ka lang talaga sa space.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    a mini cooper s can keep up with an sti and evo on a downhill twisty mountain pass. the cooper s would be much faster than a wrx on an auto x/slalom, downhill battle, and small race tracks that has lots of tight turns. just to let you guys know, kahit ako dati i kept asking what's so special about the mini until i drove one to it's limits and raced one on a downhill battle using my STi.

like i said before, if i have the money i'd gladly buy one. never owned one but would love to own one.

I would still gladly buy another car even if the mini cooper S is faster. I prefer to have the space to move my elbows inside the car's cabin.

And the Cooper S is already beyond P2M, its retail price is P2.35M for the M/T and P2.5M for the A/T variants.

Just to compare:
    -Subaru Impreza WRX STi cost P2.45M
    -Subaru Legacy GT sedan costs P2.05M

On a mountain road, I would rather be in those cars than a cramped Mini.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    iba talaga kasi i-drive ang mini compared to, jazz, swift, fiesta. yon nga lang talo ka lang talaga sa space.
    I know the Mini is very different to drive than the typical jazz,swift,fiesta but the user "GTI" was comparing the Mini with the Swift earlier...

And given if I would be spending P2M (plus minus) on a "performance car", I would rather have one that I have sufficient elbow & leg room inside, not just too focused on the performance and "iconic" image sides of it. As much fun as the Mini is to drive, I wouldn't want to be inside it for a long drive within
    or outside the city.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    agree with you bro gh and i get your point. i would also buy the cars you mentioned over the mini, pero if i already have a lot of cars like ghost recon it would be nice to have a mini as a toy car which i'm sure ghost recon is looking for.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I think I can name you at least three cars under two million pesos with the same or superior performance with even better driver/passenger comfort.

Subaru Impreza 2.0R (P1.2M)
    Subaru Impreza WRX (P1.7M)
    Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (P1.9M)
    Ford Focus 2.0T TDCi (P1.2M)
    Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T (P1.4M)
    Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8L (P1.8M)
    I was pertaining to the 3.8 Genesis on this one.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    mini cooper is cross out

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I'd gladly get an MX5 over a Mini-cooper. With the top down, you'll enjoy the scenery and fresh air at the twisties of Tagaytay.

But if it were to be given as a gift for me, or i'd win it in a raffle ... i'd gladly drive it around town.

It seems nice to own one. Though I wouldn't spend my over 2 million cash on a small, cramped, expensive to maintain euro-car.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Ganyan ba katindi ang Mini Cooper, renzo?

Yeah, MX-5 is good.. Cute.. Pero parang walang dating eh. :hysterical:

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Ganyan ba katindi ang Mini Cooper, renzo?

Yeah, MX-5 is good.. Cute.. Pero parang walang dating eh. :hysterical:
    Hehehehe ...

Hindi naman, it's just that, I don't feel like spending 2M for a small-ish car like the new mini.

If I wanted to have a mini and a small weekend car then I'd rather spend my money ( 500k ) to an old mini. Fun to restore and to drive during Sundays at tagaytay.

Pero syempre, it can't touch the 200kph mark like ... *ehem*you*ehem* did.

And hindi ko lang matanggap sa loob ko, eh yang mini na yan was sold for 8k only as brand new during the 1960's and is being sold today at around 300k even more for the super restored units.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Planning to buy a mini