New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost recon View Post
    nah, i'm just like the normal joe. working hard so that sometimes we can play hard also.

back to cooper...

we want to dispose our swift in exchange for a cooper. but since cooper is not practical, then the swift will stay...thanks for the infos anyway.

better save for a nice SUV
    Compared sa Cooper, Swift parin ako. It, at least, has four doors and a trunk and can properly seat four people or five, in a pinch. I've seen one at QC regularly that has stickers covered at its lights to make it resemble a Mini Cooper along with blue racing stripes on the body. Ganun nalang kaya? Kapag malayo mamamalayan mo talagang tunay na Mini. Tapos add some engine upgrades to make it run like a Cooper.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Sigurado ka Swift parin over Mini Cooper?

C'mon man. Mag test drive ka ng Cooper.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post

Hehe... syempre magkaiba ang dalawa, kundi para saan ang milyon milyones na price difference na yan diba? Pero practicality wise, the Swift is obviously a better buy. And it does have good handling and quite a bit of tuning potential. Sure you'd look rich and classy with the Cooper, but with the cramped cabin, two doors only and no trunk space? Syempre hindi better than the Cooper yung Swift pero Swift+ todo Speedlab magic... AYUN!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    But.. A Mini Cooper is still a Mini Cooper.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Eh yun nga eh! Ano pang brand ang nag-ooffer ng ganoong klaseng car with this level of performance at less than two million bucks? Hell, they can't even field one even if they price it at three milllion bucks. Naku bro, hindi bias yan! Wala na talaga eh! Sige, kapag nirevive ng Honda ang NSX at ibenta dito ng kahit 3M nga. Yun na ang irerecommend ko.
    I think I can name you at least three cars under two million pesos with the same or superior performance with even better driver/passenger comfort.

Subaru Impreza 2.0R (P1.2M)
    Subaru Impreza WRX (P1.7M)
    Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (P1.9M)
    Ford Focus 2.0T TDCi (P1.2M)
    Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T (P1.4M)
    Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8L (P1.8M)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Hehe... syempre magkaiba ang dalawa, kundi para saan ang milyon milyones na price difference na yan diba? Pero practicality wise, the Swift is obviously a better buy. And it does have good handling and quite a bit of tuning potential. Sure you'd look rich and classy with the Cooper, but with the cramped cabin, two doors only and no trunk space? Syempre hindi better than the Cooper yung Swift pero Swift+ todo Speedlab magic... AYUN!

Between the two (Suzuki Swift vs Mini Cooper), I would still choose the Mini simply because it is a better package than the Suzuki Mini "wanna-be" car.

So if you are arguing for the "practicality" of the Swift, there are much better cars like the Honda Jazz and Toyota Yaris.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post

Personally, I wouldn't be buying a Mini for my P2M. It is really cramp inside short of getting the SUV version. You would be better off getting the BMW 118 for the same money if you still want a "euro" car.

Other than that, the Subaru Impreza WRX, Lancer RalliArt or Genesis Coupe would be better choices at this price range.

BTW, the word from the local Subaru dealer, the Impreza WRX is currently unavailable as they have trimmed the line to only the 2.0R and STi cars.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Well, if I want a better packaged car I'd get the BMW 120d. Even if it is a rather impractical car by itself, it is at least more practical than the Mini. The engine performance is great as well and its thrifty to boot. And a bit more modification will enable it to run circles around the Mini Cooper S.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    a mini cooper s can keep up with an sti and evo on a downhill twisty mountain pass. the cooper s would be much faster than a wrx on an auto x/slalom, downhill battle, and small race tracks that has lots of tight turns. just to let you guys know, kahit ako dati i kept asking what's so special about the mini until i drove one to it's limits and raced one on a downhill battle using my STi.

like i said before, if i have the money i'd gladly buy one. never owned one but would love to own one.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Buti pa tayo foresterx nagkaka intindihan.

Pero tama talaga si GH, ang sikip sa loob ng Cooper. Hehehe

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Planning to buy a mini