New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hello mga sir.

Bago lang ako dito sa forum at may balak sanang bumili ng Ranger Wildtrak or Nissan Navarra. Alin sa dalawa ang maganda in terms of overall performance and style?

I've tried searching for threads kaso parang luma na ung mga nakukuha ko, lumalabas na date ng post ay 2006 or 2007 pa. Kung may bago threads sir regarding dito, pakibigay naman po ng link at baka mali lang ang pagsesearch ko.

Thank you in advance

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    if i were you, i'll just go with the frontier navarra. the predecessors of navarra have proved its worth due to the fact that it was chosen many times to be the best pickup among its class.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Sir Beereo, salamat sa advice. pero in term of parts ba, sabi nila mas mahal daw ang nissan. May alam ka bang dealer ng navarra aside sa mga Nissan outlet mismo?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It'll all depend on your needs.

The Navara is a better city car... the 2.5 is relatively frugal and the ride is nice. The back seat is better, too... probably the second-best in the class behind the Strada. It also has the biggest bed in the class. The major problem with the Navara is the narrow powerband (not a big deal, unless you're towing or driving with a full bed) and the low ground clearance.

The Ranger is a much better off-roader... the 4x4 has the most powerful engine in its class (the Navara 4x4 has better power on paper, but the Ranger's 3.0 has more grunt in the real-world), the locking center-differential and rear limited-slip differential give it great off-road traction, and it has better ground clearance. The problem is that the back seat and the bed are kinda small, by comparison to the Navara, and the suspension is kinda stiff... not the jittery kind of stiff, though... more like the suspension is built to take heavy loads.

These two trucks are among the best-handling in the class. The Navarra seems more pliant, but the Ranger has better steering feel. A choice between the two will really depend on whether you need a city truck or an off-roader. My personal tastes tend towards the Ranger.

-

The old Frontier? It was a best-seller, yes, but it was a horrible, horrible, horrible truck. Parts were expensive by comparison to others, and the ride was downright torturous. The new Navara is great because it feels like a totally different truck.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    It'll all depend on your needs.

The Navara is a better city car... the 2.5 is relatively frugal and the ride is nice. The back seat is better, too... probably the second-best in the class behind the Strada. It also has the biggest bed in the class. The major problem with the Navara is the narrow powerband (not a big deal, unless you're towing or driving with a full bed) and the low ground clearance.

The Ranger is a much better off-roader... the 4x4 has the most powerful engine in its class (the Navara 4x4 has better power on paper, but the Ranger's 3.0 has more grunt in the real-world), the locking center-differential and rear limited-slip differential give it great off-road traction, and it has better ground clearance. The problem is that the back seat and the bed are kinda small, by comparison to the Navara, and the suspension is kinda stiff... not the jittery kind of stiff, though... more like the suspension is built to take heavy loads.

These two trucks are among the best-handling in the class. The Navarra seems more pliant, but the Ranger has better steering feel. A choice between the two will really depend on whether you need a city truck or an off-roader.
    Well said..It really depends on your needs.. if you need a city car, get the navarra..If you need an off- roader, go with the Ranger.. the strada is also a good option

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, the Strada is really the best "lifestyle" pickup out there... softest ride, most car-like in terms of comfort and features... great looks... but if you're buying a pick-up because you want a pick-up's utility, the small bed is a sticking point.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hello mga Sir/s,

I have chose Navara 4x2 A/T and I have already settled a deal with a Dealer and will probably pays the DP next week. Thank you all for the advices.

By the way, do you know where I could canvass the hardtop for the Navara? Actually the dealer is also offering a canopy, but the price is 65K. Is this a reasonable price?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'll go with navarra, bilis ng takbo, mas mabilis pa ata sa kotse ko dati.

Planning to buy either Wildtrak or Navarra 4x2