New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    sentras (post-box type B12) are very underrated kaya good buy talaga sa 2nd hand market. you get many features na usually nasa higher class. pero that's also IF those features still work hehe

yes, mas mahal parts ng EFI system. but if functioning well, will give you better fuel efficiency and power than a carb. di rin naman ganun kasirain ang EFI unless barubal pag gamit at wala talagang maintenance.

like sabi ng iba, neither will give you 12 kms/l in city traffic like metro manila hehe kahit mga 1.6L ngayon mahihirapan abutin yan. 7-8 should be your most optimistic mileage.
    Ayun, swak lang drive ko sir. Panigurado dahil newbie pa lang ako? JK. Hindi barubal, hindi kaskasero haha
    Thank you sir sa input!

Quote Originally Posted by xxxlam View Post
    No, no, no, no. Sorry. What I meant was, Went to Baguio, and Batangas, multiple times, but in separate occasions. With few ihi / coffee stop overs only.

Suspension went about 30k hindi pa kumpleto. Pero kasama na kasi ibang job orders gaya ng mga engine supports, brakes, etc etc...

Maintenance was change oil only.

By the way, nasabugan kami ng radiator noong nasa Baguio na kami. Buti nalang nasa Baguio na kami that time. Have to spend about 5.5k para palitan ng tanso 'yung radiator top cover.

As I have said, ready your wallet for a 90s car. But the experience (and headaches) is rewarding. Good luck.
    Sobrang nakatulong tong input niyo sir. Saan po pala kayo galing to Baguio nun?
    Hopefully rewarding din niyan magiging experience ko sir haha

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Might I suggest the B14 Sentra instead of the ECCS (B13). The B13 is really small.

The Honda City also fits your budget. Not that good looking, but very thrifty and surprisingly quick.

I really like the Lynx. It is probably the most modern car your budget can buy. But I see so few of them nowadays I'm concerned parts availability may not be as good as the more mainstream models, especially if you don't live near Banawe.

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk
    I haven't seen a City and B14 sa mga pinaghanapan ko sir. For the Lynx, seems I'll be dropping it sa list. Modern looking nga yung exterior pero baka mahirapan ako humanap ng parts.

Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    For me, ae92. The same reason, maintenance is cheap and parts availability... solid body...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    ...100K budget?... be prepared to get electrocuted with surprise and dismay. heh heh. sorry. couldn't resist.
    hey! there are still some good buys out there. it's just a matter of patience and luck.

corolla and sentra. efi.
    i read in someone's list of most reliable engines, these two occupied number 1 and number 2, respectively.

carburatored? only if you know a mechanic who can service them regularly, or you yourself know how. it's really simple and logical, once you understand these things.
    in comparison, efi's need almost no maintenance.

for you, i'd recommend the corolla, simply because there's more parts of them still around, new or used.

how much to bring your new used car to spec?
    that's a hard one.
    it would depend on how lucky you were.
    i'd pull out from the sky a 20K peso figure.
    if you like your new used car to be more beautiful, add 30-40K more.
    good luck.
    Thank you sa input niyo sir. Probably presentable na car at efficient engine, okay na. No plans na pormahan yung car.
    I'll go for EFI na lang since marami nang nagsabi na mas okay. Pahahabaan ko patience ko sir sa paghahanap para makakita nang maganda gandang condition na car hehe

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ Yes, patience is the key. Meron ka makita niyan na Toyota Corolla na maayos pa. Tiyagaan lang talaga. Good luck.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    if you want corolla small body i have in prestine condition..just PM me. and i will send you a picture.16valve 90 model

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    if you want corolla small body i have in prestine condition..just PM me. and i will send you a picture.16valve 90 model
    Yun oh. Kapag galing tsikoteer and kotse most often eh maayos at alaga yan TS

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by eprnv View Post
    Sobrang nakatulong tong input niyo sir. Saan po pala kayo galing to Baguio nun?
    Hopefully rewarding din niyan magiging experience ko sir haha
    Sucat Muntinlupa to Baguio via EDSA, NLEX, exit somewhere after Pampanga then McArthur Highway. Then Marcos highway. Actually we went to Hundred Islands from Baguio then back.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Yun oh. Kapag galing tsikoteer and kotse most often eh maayos at alaga yan TS

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk
    "wish lang natin."

but i do have this 2003 AT altis in good condition...

heh heh.

hey!
    jok lang po. the altis is not for sale.. yet..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    looks good.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    From the above list, my vote goes to the Corolla. Maintenance wont still be a problem as lots of parts are still available, plus mechanics are very familiar with them. Second is the Sentra. Actually, I was thinking of the Civic, but I'm having second thoughts on the rust issues of that model. My friend had it before, but he's unlucky his unit was had its plague and his car ended in junk despite the frequent body repairs. The Lancer is also good, I've had the itlog before, however, it is plagued with the suspension, Maf Sensor and Idle control issues.
    I could not add anything more...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123