from a chevrolet optra owner here is my objective review
1. body design and interior is superior
2. parts durability is ok because most of the parts are original be sure not to buy in CASA but go to auto supply shops
3. service and maintenance go to outside mechanics that are experts in this car as most mechanics are not familiar in handling optra
4. fuel consumption is similar to a 1.8 to 2.0 car, not comparable to a honda city or toyota vios with 1.5 or 1.6 displacement
5. aircon is ok never been repaired from the day it was purchased
6. suspension and tyre usage (since 2008 the tyre at the back remains the same, and no signs of any misalignment or camber issues), suspension parts replaced in 2009.
7. problem areas can be the ff: alternator, light bulbs that every few months get busted, if radiator is faulty its better to buy a new one in case there are overheat issues
8. most of the features are not available with civic, altis, or lancers like rear trunk remote, 2 din stereo, fully fabricated trunk, and insulated hood, 3 seatbelts at the rear, 4 wheel abs and disc brakes

for those who will get the optra think of it as buying an american car where most buy original parts, if there are any trouble solution is replacement but after that it will work for years without trouble

for those who are particular with maintenance and cost issues, there is a challenge in getting replacement parts

my advice: research and find an autoshop that has expertise and sells cheap parts, this also applies to ford as i believe between ford and chevrolet, chevrolet parts are cheaper.

but of course toyota or honda or lancer would be great choices.