New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    gamitin mo muna ung spare tire habang nag iipon ka ng pambili ng dalawang gulong na bago

dati ako ganyan din pero naisip ko mas mahalaga pa rin ang security kaysa makatipid ako , there was a time na sumabog gulong ko sa nlex at ung spare tire ko umublong pala.. have no choice but to exit to the nearest.. from there bumili ako ng second hand tire(1pc).. (wala rin akong pera pambili ng bago during that time).. so second hand ako (isa lang) wala akong spare tire hangang makarating sa province.. tapos bumalik ako manila walang spare tire.. (dasal lang), di ko muna ginamit ung sasakyan hangang nakabili ako ng gulong na dalawa..

after a month.. bumili na rin ko ng additional two para parehas lahat ng gulong

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ize_9 View Post
    Guys, i need to replace my rear tire, isang tire lang so its not really practical to buy two kc ok pa naman yung kabila. I am thinking of getting a second hand tire na lang sana para di masakit sa bulsa medyo la rin kc ako budget for two new tires at the moment. safe ba gamitin ang mga ganito and where kaya ako pwede bumili na d naman ako lolokohin. I mean saan honest shop ako pwde bumili nito?

how about getting a cheap but yet brand new good quality tyre? that could be an option instead of getting a 2nd hand tyre.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Id rather get a chinese branded tire than get 2nd hand tires.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    There's a reason why people discarded those tires. Sure they may still hold for a few thousand kilometers, but nothing beats brand new tires.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Indonesian tires are cheap but are good enough. You can look at Sulit for dealers of Neuton, Achilles, and Accelera. Some say they are better than Chinese tires (Nankang, Wanli, etc.). I do buy used tires but I check them. There are some good deals that are a bit hard to pass on. I bought 3 pcs of Kumho XS on a bargain (may buhok pa). Brand new, I would have shelled out almost 30k for them.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    A family friend of ours bought a 2nd hand 2007 Mazda 6. Everything about it was great except for the horrible road noise. Turns out it had China made Westlake tires. The tire noise was louder than the engine!

Taiwanese brands like Nankang are much better though. That's the ones used in our Accord V6. Has good grip and exhibits minimal road noise. I'd get this brand again anytime.

As for Indonesian brands, we've tried GT Radial for the Revo. Grip isn't spectacular, but it exhibits surprisingly little road noise and gives a slightly better ride than the Bridgestone Turanza AR's that preceded it. Of course its not as durable, with rather soft sidewalls as commented by the vulcanizing shop when I had a flat once.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    how about getting a cheap but yet brand new good quality tyre? that could be an option instead of getting a 2nd hand tyre.
    that may be, but there's usually a good reason why they're cheap...you'll probably have to rely on those who have had personal experience...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    second hand tires are ok as long as you know how to check for a good one. what i do is anticipate my next tire change. nagiipon na ko bago pa man dumating yung time na kailangan na talagang palitan gulong. i check online ads, local tire shops for good deals on tires be it brand new or second hand. minsan may matyempohan ka na slightly used tires coming off from owners who upgraded their wheels.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    If you are looking for 2nd hand tires in Paranaque, I suggest not to buy from Volco Tires and Wheels on Dr. A Santos Ave. (see image below) My wife and I almost had an accident when one of our tires exploded recently along Skyway (going Manila).

Before buying the tire we were very skeptical and asking if it still safe...the supervisor did not say a word... after the accident I told the big guy there we almost died (because if your driving very fast along with speeding vehicles along SLEX expect a deadly multiple car...but he did not show any empathy...I asked him puro tapal na pala loob ng gulong..bakit niyo pa binenta...sabi ng Supervisor (big chinito guy..not the owner) "Di po n natin masasabi kasi eh".

Also instead of a courtesy refund, he pathetically attempted to sell us with a much wider sized-tire (not at par with the sizes of our other tires)....and not even help us find a tire from their neighboring tire shops...and after telling them about our traumatizing tire explosion multiple times ..the big guy bitterly gave our refund...and again not even a single word of empathy like sorry ...and when we left they did not give us back our mag voluntarily (just like not returning our original tires)...very horrible and saddening experience from Volco tires and wheels shop.

For second-hand tire buyers...after putting on non-oblong tire(s)..please do still test drive your car to check wiggles from your steering wheel or if it steers voluntarily to the left or right if your not holding the steering wheel-- which could mean mean there maybe something wrong with the tire(s) that you bought (upon checking with your trusted auto mechanic expert that its not a wheel alignment problem).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Opinion about using 2nd hand tires