New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    After everything has been said, my question is,

What will you do with it?
    Well... a common problem with the 200sx/Silvias are the inexperienced drivers who fishtail and crash it.

Almost bought one... 13 or 14 years ago. It was a fresh, unmolested local unit with 12K on the odo. Someone beat us to the draw but in hindsight i'm thankful as my college teen powers would have probably crashed it.
    Last edited by vinj; November 4th, 2013 at 07:00 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    lets be honest, there arent many enthusiast cars capable of daily driving choices at that price range

What exactly do you want, a cool daily driver or a weekend toy?

If daily driver
    2.0 Civic Fd (as previously said)
    Civic SIR (bahala ka)
    Focus TDCI MT
    Early Lancer EX
    Early Fiesta 1.6 DSG

All are fwd

If weekend toy
    BMW E30 (Stuff in the most powerful BMW I6 you can find)
    BMW E46
    Early BMW E87 116i (notice a trend?)
    Mazda Miata
    Subaru Wrx (ive seen a few 2000-2003 at that price, but insist in a non converted)

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I think the only time I'll be recommending a Silvia is if it's selling for cheap and you know the owner personally..... or you want to drift.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    I-pang downpayment mo na lang yan sa GT86/BRZ then slowly mod it.

Matutuwa ka pa and secured kasi bnew

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by greatauror28 View Post
    I-pang downpayment mo na lang yan sa GT86/BRZ then slowly mod it.

Matutuwa ka pa and secured kasi bnew
    You might wanna read his previous posts in his past threads before you recommend that.. so please don't

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    You might wanna read his previous posts in his past threads before you recommend that.. so please don't
    And AFAIK, he's already taking a loan to get that said amount he's budgeted for a ride now.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    My friend, that Silvia looks so riced out I almost pity the car. Its one of those cars where it looks perfect in the owner's eyes but to everyone else its just...

I agree with the one poster about the fad with Silvia dying out. Now, all the rage is hellaflush **** Anyway, if its a RB20DET swap, which sounds kinda fishy, because even here in the US its hard to find an engine like that without it coming in cheap, make sure its the right engine. There are some shady people out there who market a RB20 engine under the guise of something else. You don't know the history of the car which makes it really shady because you don't know if the swap was done right, if at all. A person who advertises all the "cool" features about it is more than not masking away the bad ones. Don't be fooled by looks. If you don't know what you're going to do with this car when you buy it then there's no point to buy it. BUT if you want to buy a car to modify it. The question I should you is, why would you want to buy someone else's work on a car?

Everyone in this thread is warning you against it. And I must join in the bandwagon. If I must thread hi jack this to prevent a poor soul into buying in this nonsense. So be it!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Nope. Not going for it. And it's time na manglait

1. They should really try to affix a odometer reading sa mga ganito... secondhand car ad is still an advertisement. It will tell you whether the car's a Sunday car or a daily-driven one. Even if it can be faked, it's better than nothing.

2. Baka naman gusto niya maging more in-depth with his modifications. He's selling towards a niche enthusiast category -- not a first time buyer (or maybe he is for fools out there). Throwing in better details such as what kind of coilovers, maybe a close-up shot of the current intercooler state, etc. wouldn't hurt him at all.

3. Regarding on his engine swap, he needs to state where he got it done. Baka naman may dyno sheets yan kahit papano right? Engine swapping's a messy affair.. not many can do it properly. And why the heck a RB20DET? Skyline-fan much? The SR20 engine is already good enough as it is and so is a SR20DET with many shops specializing in them. I would understand maybe the stronger RB26DETT.. but the 20DET? Bah. Not only is he making it hard on himself but he also messes with the Silvia's inherent weight distribution balance. Good luck finding a tuner and part availability - even the RB25/26s are easier (there's Jimbo and Autoplus for that har har..) from an owner convenience perspective.

Well, those are my three main pointers. If you want more..

4. That muffler looks tacky. Not only is to too large but it's ugly to look at thanks to the oddly placed rear diffuser.

5. I see red painted brakes. May feeling Brembo na tayo dito palang red flag na ako. You don't go painted brakes -- you go for upgraded rotors and pots.

6. Those tires are daily-tires. Not track tires. Quite apparent sa thread pattern and the four water grooves.

7. I wanna know kung ano modifications nito sa ECU and MAF. Because that's one of the most important parts you want to know in buying cars like these -- the engine management.

8. Define intercooler turbo -- all cars have an intercooler naman.. eh yun turbo ba nito aftermarket or the ones that comes with the engine?

For what it's worth, just tell him he needs to market his car better... and maintain it better.

And if you're looking for a deal, this other sulit ad is way better

Nissan Silvia S14 Sale/swap With Any Vehicle (local) - Secondhand For Sale Philippines - 26765935

And for other vehicle alternatives, start looking for a manual Civic FD and start modding it. It might not have a RWD configuration, but you save yourself a lot of headaches in purchasing one.
    THIS! Couldn't have said it any better myself

9. Join Date
    Oct 2013

And if you're looking for a deal, this other sulit ad is way better

Nissan Silvia S14 Sale/swap With Any Vehicle (local) - Secondhand For Sale Philippines - 26765935
    Car mods seem legit and in good taste. But my god, I thought my eyes were gonna burn from that exterior. To each their own, I guess.

P.S. Sorry for the multiple postings, I would remember to say something only after the fact I've submitted my reply :/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12