New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Ask ko din nga mga Sirs...
    When buying cash,
    1. Do you pay only the listed price O may hidden add'l costs pa?
    2. Pay- and- go po ba? Who takes care of LTO reg?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by janalla View Post
    Ask ko din nga mga Sirs...
    When buying cash,
    1. Do you pay only the listed price O may hidden add'l costs pa?
    2. Pay- and- go po ba? Who takes care of LTO reg?
    the list price is the price. but you should inquire in the internet, if such and such are offering seasonal discounts.. and sometimes the dealer withholds some freebies and converts it to cash discount..
    LTO and insurance? some dealers include it in the price, others charge extra for these. be very clear about this, before you fork over your money.
    and oh! make sure the car is already covered by insurance before you drive it out of the dealer's. those horror stories we hear... they're true.
    good luck.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Thanks po Sir DrD.
    For LTO and Insurance, do you mean Sir, that it is the dealer's task whether the dealer charges extra for it or not ? Meaning, all paper works must be completed by the dealer before driving out?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Also newbie, and this inquiry maybe OT to the thread but maybe helpful for the TS as well in case we can still haggle. How much in % is average cash discount provided by dealers? If OT, please just PM me.i plan to buy innova 2.5e matic worth 1.077M at 20% dp. thanks

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
    Also newbie, and this inquiry maybe OT to the thread but maybe helpful for the TS as well in case we can still haggle. How much in % is average cash discount provided by dealers? If OT, please just PM me.i plan to buy innova 2.5e matic worth 1.077M at 20% dp. thanks
    It all depends on the car in particular. Some slow-moving cars have really, really big discounts. The Lancer GTA has discounts of over 200k (17% discount). On the other hand, faster-moving models like the Hilux have little to no discounts.

My advice is to call or visit different dealers, and ask for how much they can give for your Innova 2.5E. A friend who recently got one said 15k lang daw nakuha niya, not sure if that's high or low for an Innova.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
    AFAIK due for replacement na ang innova this year. so expect discounts to be higher. when my boss got an innova, i think she had about 70k discount. 2.5G AT.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    I am planning to buy an Innova too. 2.5 manual. But im a newbie and its gonna be my first time buying. No ecposure on these kinds of stuff. Should i just go for a 2nd hand?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jiesix View Post
    I am planning to buy an Innova too. 2.5 manual. But im a newbie and its gonna be my first time buying. No ecposure on these kinds of stuff. Should i just go for a 2nd hand?
    Go with brand new if you have the budget po.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

yeah, my SA once jolted my interest when he said he was giving 50K discount for the car.. but on questioning, it turns out that i would have to pay for the LTO and comprehensive insurance.. that's a total of about 30K that they used to include in the sale price. so in effect, the real discount is only 20K..

yes, buy brand new if you can afford it. the problem-free driving promise is something many newbies really appreciate... if you were a paranoid newbie, you would half-expect that with every other press on the pedal of the newly-purchased used car, something will fall off or make a strange sound..

today's cars are much better than many years' ago.. i daresay that a used innova is so well-made, that i would not expect a surprising experience if i were to buy a seeming-decent used one..
    Last edited by dr. d; April 16th, 2015 at 02:53 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Any chance po na may better offer pa dito, please PM me.

Innova J Diesel
    Bank P.O.

60K disc + LTO
    Basic Freebies (tint, matting, rustproof, seat cover, 1K and 5K labor, etc)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast